Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Sport horse

Default Re: Any weekend shows/ training plans

Quote Originally Posted by FfionWinnie View Post
    Like, what took me so long!

First lesson booked with her so thought I better crack on...
    It suits her. How is little Epic?

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by FfionWinnie View Post
    Like, what took me so long!

First lesson booked with her so thought I better crack on...
    <heart eyes>. She looks fab - you've definitely got a good eye for a horse!
    About jump saddles...I'm mostly happy with mine, it fits pretty much everything I've ever put it on. There are a few changes I would make if I was ordering another (position of the knee/thigh block, narrower twist, and stirrup bars mostly) but it works well for me most of the time. My only big complaint is that the elastic in the (free) saddle cover went after a year .

Sorry to hear about the horse on your yard Scats, always hard when one goes .
    Great result iknow, hopefully the first of many .
    Glad you survived post-clipping LP, how on earth did she snap the neck strap? For photos try imgur.
    Amazing result mule!
    Good news about the hunting being fun, less good about the lorry j1ffy. Very jealous of you being close enough to Rockley to visit. Currently debating trying to get a referral to send Maddie down there.
    Sounds like you need a holiday to recover from the 'holiday' MP .
    DabDab, make sure you keep hold of that instructor! Ones that get you and the horse are very rare and very special.

Maddie is coming back into work in 4-6 weeks (finally <cries>), she's been off since the end of Jan and I can't say I'm looking forward to doing the initial sitting on! Molly had her first ever canter on each rein the school today, surprisingly she didn't do a 'panic run' which I was expecting (her go-to reaction to...well...most things) but was calm and rideable. I am optimistically planning an early spring dressage debut if she keeps improving like this .

Sport horse

Super excited just to be back riding and having a lesson after a 3 week abscess related hiatus which has left a crater sized hole in his heel bulb!

Veteran

Sadly my yard move went so epically badly I didn't go anywhere. Took her for a first jump for a while and she was fab so hopefully out this weekend. Then there is s ride at the beginning of October for her first proper endurance outing maybe having another fun ride first. Note to self I hate moving!

Quote Originally Posted by DirectorFury View Post
    <heart eyes>. She looks fab - you've definitely got a good eye for a horse!
    About jump saddles...I'm mostly happy with mine, it fits pretty much everything I've ever put it on. There are a few changes I would make if I was ordering another (position of the knee/thigh block, narrower twist, and stirrup bars mostly) but it works well for me most of the time. My only big complaint is that the elastic in the (free) saddle cover went after a year .

Sorry to hear about the horse on your yard Scats, always hard when one goes .
    Great result iknow, hopefully the first of many .
    Glad you survived post-clipping LP, how on earth did she snap the neck strap? For photos try imgur.
    Amazing result mule!
    Good news about the hunting being fun, less good about the lorry j1ffy. Very jealous of you being close enough to Rockley to visit. Currently debating trying to get a referral to send Maddie down there.
    Sounds like you need a holiday to recover from the 'holiday' MP .
    DabDab, make sure you keep hold of that instructor! Ones that get you and the horse are very rare and very special.

Maddie is coming back into work in 4-6 weeks (finally <cries>), she's been off since the end of Jan and I can't say I'm looking forward to doing the initial sitting on! Molly had her first ever canter on each rein the school today, surprisingly she didn't do a 'panic run' which I was expecting (her go-to reaction to...well...most things) but was calm and rideable. I am optimistically planning an early spring dressage debut if she keeps improving like this .
    We're not really close enough - it's a four hour drive, and longer for my friend who picked us up! It was worth it though, and luckily both horses (both Rockley Rehabs) are excellent travellers!

I managed to conquer a new venue, new test (P14) without a caller and an Austrian coiled spring to get 66.1% (more points for the pony to match the record BD refuse to remove for me ) and some really lovely positive comments from the Judge
    Just need to learn to a) breathe and b) smile!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget La Poneh View Post
    I managed to conquer a new venue, new test (P14) without a caller and an Austrian coiled spring to get 66.1% (more points for the pony to match the record BD refuse to remove for me ) and some really lovely positive comments from the Judge
    Just need to learn to a) breathe and b) smile!!

Well done - lovely photo!

Old nag

We had a pretty good weekend - the old boy did a sweet enough test on saturday for 63.04% and 2nd (happy enough considering it's been over 3 years since his last test and we only ran through it twice) and then R won his first elementary with a PB of 69.82%.

Made a last minute decision to take the old boy out to BS with my big lad on Sunday. There were a few blips (one on my part - naughty jockey) so ended up with 8 faults in the 85cm open but there was nothing particularly awful and T really enjoyed himself.

The big lad had a bit of a disaster and I ended up coming off at fence 2 so we had to do the walk of shame back to the lorry.
    We built the same course at home and popped over a few of the combos yesterday so there was obviously a bit of a miscommunication on Sunday. Jumping lesson tonight with a new trainer at a new venue so hoping it stays dry as it's outdoors.
    My veteran had a home for life