Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran

Default Re: Feel like a whinge...

Completely feel the same!
    I've got 1 who will never leave me and the other has had a few things wrong and is still not quite right, when she is I can feel an advert being written.
    I feel like a I need a horsey break and to reassess things.

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by fairyclare View Post
    Completely feel the same!
    I've got 1 who will never leave me and the other has had a few things wrong and is still not quite right, when she is I can feel an advert being written.
    I feel like a I need a horsey break and to reassess things.
    ^^^
    I am the same. really would like to rehome at least one of mine but there seem to be so few good homes out there. really am fed up with it all.
    BHS Welfare 02476 840517, WHW 08000 480 180 , Redwings 01508 481000 ,
    RSPCA 0300 1234 999, Bransby 01427 787369, EMW 07870860825, The Horse Trust 01494 488464

Quote Originally Posted by Downton Dame View Post
    ^^^
    I am the same. really would like to rehome at least one of mine but there seem to be so few good homes out there. really am fed up with it all.
    Where were all these people offering good horses for good homes when I was looking? obviously for the right amount of money. I had to buy from a dealer. Don't get me wrong I am glad I got my mare though!

Out to Pasture

Quote Originally Posted by FfionWinnie View Post
    Sept to now has to be the worst time to sell and also to be an owner with low motivation and enjoyment.

I think if I were you I would think to myself I've got a couple of months to put into these horses to get them ready to advertise in April / May and having that goal will help you get it done and possibly rekindle your enjoyment.

Sounds like you would be happier with only one on a different yard and some transport.
    In happy with my yard, I think it's more to do with the fact that I'm working away from home, and when I get home at the weekend I want to be at home, not out all the time. I also suspect that due to the fact that I'm forking out a lot of money on livery it's playing on my mind as well that I may as well be flushing it down the loo ATM!

Schoolmaster

Whingeing is good OP, putting your troubles ' on paper ' helps you to see the situation more clearly. All the suggestions given so far have been helpful.. I hope you can begin to think about what is best for you and your horses now.
    Best Wishes.
    ...all Grandmas are created equal, but the ones who ride horses are awesome!

I know exactly where you are coming from. I keep penning a whinge forum post to look for advice but never have the guts to post!!

I've got 5 I love very much but life has changed, such as starting a new job (a proper career type job), getting older and wanting a mortgage and I miss doing the fun stuff ie. Riding, not poo picking and being a general DIYer to their daily antics.

Id love to get back to either 2 or 3 but unfortunately of the 5, 2 no one would want (complicated characters and certain medical issues). I would like to part with one of the 2 unsellables if I could and I've got 1 of the more easily sellable 3 (even he isn't straight forward!) I may tentively try to loan once Ive got him back into work after the winter as he would suit being on a much a bigger livery yard than on my small personal yard. But after some bad experiences loaning I'd almost rather see him sat in a field! On top of this my turnout/stable/arena arrangement is very complicated and would make for a very long reply (one I feel you may not want to read) which makes life even more exhausting and general chores more time consuming.

Everyday I wish I could stick them all in a blender and pull out all the good bits of each one and just have one super horse I could love and spoil to death.

So I apologise for not providing any advice, but I am in support your winge and understand your predicament which I guess it always slightly helpful . First world problem or not, a problem is still a problem and even though we all realise how trivial they maybe compared to someone elses I still feel we are allowed to have moan without having to feel totally selfish!
    Last edited by Meadow; 19-02-17 at 05:49 PM.