Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Question Where to buy Bridles parts separately?

I bought a new head piece from a seller on a facebook group. it took 3 delivery attempts before the item actually got to me in the post. They ended up having to send recorded delivery.

When I open it and its not like a normal blimmin head piece, so its totally useless to me and annoyingly its really nice leather too.

Its basically got 3 straps on each side, all around the same length. So would mean that I need a nose band and throat lash that do up on both sides, rather than just on the left like a normal bridle. I messaged the seller last night to see if she also sold these parts separately but despite reading my message I've had no reply! HELPFUL.

So wondering if anyone knows anywhere that would sell these parts separately that would actually fit?

Sport horse

Default Re: Where to buy Bridles parts separately?

Sabre sells bits of bridles and their design does up both sides. Challenge may be getting right width though (there are measurements on the webpage). Not cheap, but I've found the quality is lovely.

Just backed

Albion bridles are like this except that they have a proper throatlash. Their nose bands are with two short straps though. National saddle centre sell all of the bits separately online. Hope this helps a little.

Veteran

I have a customer who has a head piece like yours, I've adapted a couple of nosebands to fit it - it's quite a simple job for a bridle maker/saddler to do.

Veteran

oh cool, will look at Albion for the nose band then! but will also speak to the saddle fitter that comes to some people at my yard as I know she make bridles too, so it might be easier to get her to turn it in to a full bridle! blimmin nightmare!

Veteran

I might be tempted to return it if I were you tbh, as sounds like you'll need to end up buying virtually a whole new bridle to fit around it.
    However if you want to keep it shires have a bridle like this so you might get parts from them too.

Sport horse

Jeffries sell bridle parts separately. I have recently bought a new headpiece for mine.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chaps89 View Post
    I might be tempted to return it if I were you tbh, as sounds like you'll need to end up buying virtually a whole new bridle to fit around it.
    However if you want to keep it shires have a bridle like this so you might get parts from them too.
    I did think about returning it but it was such a hassle getting it in the first place, god knows what it will be like to return! Especially when they've not replied to my message, which clearly says I wanted to buy more bits from them!
    I know they sell the nosebands separately as I always see them advertised but they are often patent leather, which I don't like!! and on the adverts for full bridles, I can see that they all have throat lashes that do up on both sides, so they must have one that they could sell me!!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cold_feet View Post
    Jeffries sell bridle parts separately. I have recently bought a new headpiece for mine.
    what is the Jeffries quality like? I have one of their hunting breastplates but I'm not that pleased with it, the colour of the leather has gone a bit grey-ish, after a couple of year.

Equiture and Morgan equine sell BR bridles in separate pieces and they do up either side of the headpiece. I've also seen evo equine sell parts separately that would do. These are all cheaper than albion but still good quality.