Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Youngster

Default Am I with my perfect horse?

So, I currently have a horse called Holly. She's absolutely amazing, shes stunning, great jumper (though i dont jump), loves to gallop, quiet, easy, etc. I love her to pieces but at the same time im considering selling her as I prefer a more challenging,fast, hot horse and she is very easy. I like the type of horses who gallop to the gate for a hug instead of her, the more standoffish type. I have a great bond with her and really dont want to leave her but I also want to buy a more challenging, slightly nutty horse I cant have both and im so confused about what to do. Any advice?

Default Re: Am I with my perfect horse?

Can't even begin to understand why you'd want to sell a saint of a horse got a nutter - but each to their own.

Veteran

she sounds like the type of horse everyone wants especially those of us who are a little bit older....you may find it easy to sell her but not so easy to find something suitable for you....i dont know how much experience you have but you may find a very hot horse will not be your dream horse and holly is.....why not try some ground exercises to get more of a bond with her, mares can take a long time to relax and bond and she may just need a bit more time with you...good luck

Veteran

You cant guarantee any horse will gallop to the gate for a hug. Mine used to come to the gate when I call his name and sometimes still does but he used to be in fields that had hardly any grass hence the want to come in. He will come over when he wants to like any other horse.

Up to you if you want a hotter horse. I know people who prefer crazy horses to sane ones so each to their own. Just don't expect it to always run to you when it sees you. That rarely happens.

Veteran

just ride someone else's nutty horse for them, and keep your wonderful horse, which you will be grateful for after riding the nutter!

Just backed

This sounds like the equine equivalent of chasing after bad boys...!

Personally, I think you are nutty!

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by asterope View Post
    It really does 😂

Horses like yours are worth their weight in gold, OP. If she were mine, I wouldn't even consider selling her, but each to their own.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    It really does ��

Horses like yours are worth their weight in gold, OP. If she were mine, I wouldn't even consider selling her, but each to their own.
    no don't tell her that! lets say its a rubbish horse, worth nothing! she should give her to me for 1 hehe

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by asterope View Post
    Hahaha brilliant!!

I'm lucky to say I have the best of both the boys come to call and are very chilled and laid back love being groomed and cuddled where as my mare couldn't careless if she's groomed would actually prefer not to be touched and is an absolute nutcase to ride! She definitely keeps things exciting but she doesn't love me back
    I don't think there is a 'perfect' partnership I think you change to become perfectly imperfect together