Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canter

Default Re: Canter

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your help, I've taken up Pilates to try and improve my core, I like the idea with the saddle, thanks Tnavas.

I have my lesson on Friday so i'll talk to my instructor and ask about a few lessons on the lunge.

Thanks again

One bit of advice I can give is to have yourself filmed while riding. When I went back to basics a few years ago , to improve my seat and riding my friend used to film my lessons for me and I used to watch them back. Sometimes you feel like a sack of spuds and when you look back at it your actually fine.
    Like Kevin's page on FB
    https://m.facebook.com/lovedhorse/

Just backed

Quote Originally Posted by Sukistokes2 View Post
    One bit of advice I can give is to have yourself filmed while riding. When I went back to basics a few years ago , to improve my seat and riding my friend used to film my lessons for me and I used to watch them back. Sometimes you feel like a sack of spuds and when you look back at it your actually fine.
    I second this - when I was a teenager my dad used to film me riding and very often I'd finish the lesson and think "that was awful". He'd insist it wasn't and I wouldn't believe him until I saw the video of myself. It's also really useful to see where you can improve, and hopefully gain a more secure-feeling seat. For example, I found that my lower legs would often swing in canter, which led to me feeling "like a sack of spuds"! My instructors would mention this but it wasn't until I was able to see it for myself that I was really able to improve it.

Thanks for all the tips guys , I had a lesson on lunge and I felt a bit better , whe. We went out on a hack I felt much more secure in my seat my legs however went out of control- small steps thought I suppose
    Filming is a good idea , thanks I'll ask my partner to film the next time he's off when I have a lesson