Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: TB stallions with super strong back ends

Quote Originally Posted by popsdosh View Post
    For what its worth that was what surprised me in the flesh as out of all the stallions there he looked by far the most immature! Particularly in depth of chest and spring to the rib. Springs, if he was mine and you are serious about marketing him you need to reevaluate where your aiming and maybe listen to some breeders looking to breed event horses . To be honest personally with TB mares I am looking towards good SJ or dressage stallions with some blood still in their pedigree . There were several nice candidates yesterday as there was some lovely bred european young stallions ,I was so pleased I went as I went expecting to use Jaguar mail and actually realised he wouldnt suit my mares . I am extremely saddened to say I did not see one British bred stallion that got me half interested.
    interesting you should say that ref jaguar mail. I had convinced myself on paper that I would use him on one of my mares ( a couple of years ago ) Went to see him in the flesh and couldn't have been more wrong. I was gutted ! I had 2 mares at the time, he wouldn't have suited either. I ended up going back to a stallion used before. Sadly she didn't get in foal again. Just goes to show the importance of meeting /seeing the stallions in the flesh.

I didn't go to the stallion show this time, who was the stand out for you this year ?

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    interesting you should say that ref jaguar mail. I had convinced myself on paper that I would use him on one of my mares ( a couple of years ago ) Went to see him in the flesh and couldn't have been more wrong. I was gutted ! I had 2 mares at the time, he wouldn't have suited either. I ended up going back to a stallion used before. Sadly she didn't get in foal again. Just goes to show the importance of meeting /seeing the stallions in the flesh.

I didn't go to the stallion show this time, who was the stand out for you this year ?
    Nic Nac Quality he came over from Belgium(that morning) ,I think he will go a long way which has given him the kiss of death.Details on Elitestallions website. By Kannan out of a Clinton mare whose full sister is jumping grand prix in the states. He had lovely movement as well only a four yo closely followed by Sir Shutterfly. I am looking for eventers but prefer to find a nice jumping stallion with good movement to cover all bases rather than use stallions that event already as there onto full TB mares of NH breeding.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post

I would love to br brave enough to use JM because I love what he produces but can't see him ever suiting my mares! He doesn't throw to his own type, if that helps, but they all look really straightforwards bold rides xc and are certainly athletic.
    Exclusive is a very interesting eventing stallion for a TB mare, Future Gravitas doesn't quite do it for me but I can't really put my finger on why. I liked some of the young jumpers- Nic Nac Quality is a really serious horse but hardly any blood for eventing, I really liked the NPS stallions, my favourite being the Plot Blue 4yr old who I think would get eventers because he is rideable and very scopey but smooth over a fence. I used Escape Z on my mare last year and am delighted as he is a proper turbo charged little jumper with flawless technique and huge scope whilst staying rideable and adjustable

Quote Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
    I would love to br brave enough to use JM because I love what he produces but can't see him ever suiting my mares! He doesn't throw to his own type, if that helps, but they all look really straightforwards bold rides xc and are certainly athletic.
    Exclusive is a very interesting eventing stallion for a TB mare, Future Gravitas doesn't quite do it for me but I can't really put my finger on why. I liked some of the young jumpers- Nic Nac Quality is a really serious horse but hardly any blood for eventing, I really liked the NPS stallions, my favourite being the Plot Blue 4yr old who I think would get eventers because he is rideable and very scopey but smooth over a fence. I used Escape Z on my mare last year and am delighted as he is a proper turbo charged little jumper with flawless technique and huge scope whilst staying rideable and adjustable
    I've just looked up Nic Nac, he looks very exciting on paper, what a mix Kannan, Clinton and Heartbreaker !

Also Escape looks a great type too, and seems to be getting good results in the ring too. These two almost makes me sad ive given up breeding. Good luck with yours

How about Andes. Dead now but frozen still available.

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Clodagh View Post
    Springs Spirit gets suggested for every mare on here, like whippets in AAD!
    My pennies worth is an ex forum member on here used Kings Composer and got a lovely horse. I don't actually know if he is still alive!
    A little rude here are we not?

We only respond to suitable matches and the reason why he's suggested more that others is because the others are not bothering! but there is no reason why not they can not if they just follow the pinned post from Sticky in the acceptable use of the breeding board under point 4 and 5.

Many Thanks for your support

Not slacking-multitasking

Quote Originally Posted by Springs View Post

We only respond to suitable matches and the reason why he's suggested more that others is because the others are not bothering! but there is no reason why not they can not if they just follow the pinned post from Sticky in the acceptable use of the breeding board under point 4 and 5.

Oh quit with the many thanks for your support already!

You only respond to suitable matches... really... when someone specifically says they want a TB you think yours being 75% is therefore a suitable match .

You can respond as much as you like but there's not need to get smarmy when people point out that you have a financial incentive for your suggestion when you don't point it out yourself.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Springs View Post

Come on your missing an opportunity ,you know you want TOO!
    https://forums-secure.horseandhound....dations-please

You must be very thick skinned or just delete the 'Skinned'
    The more you push your fella to unsuitable mares the more you run the risk of him being pulled to pieces. However it must be awkward as I dont know what mare would suit.

Many thanks :-)
    Last edited by popsdosh; 11-01-17 at 11:03 PM.

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ester View Post
    Oh quit with the many thanks for your support already!

You only respond to suitable matches... really... when someone specifically says they want a TB you think yours being 75% is therefore a suitable match .

You can respond as much as you like but there's not need to get smarmy when people point out that you have a financial incentive for your suggestion when you don't point it out yourself.
    Dear Ester,

Thanks for your reply.

I believe the OP was looking for this

"pure TB, back end of mare is weakest so needs excellent conformation especially in hind legs.
    Forward, bold type for eventing"

They have now indicated a 7/8 TB as their choice which I which them every luck with. So in my view I believe this is a reasonable match and suitable for contributing to the post as we have everything except the full TB.

Now if I believe he is suitable for a mare then I will recommend again.

Kind Regards and Many Thanks for your support for British Breeding

I have a very nice 7/8 TB mare by Royal Storm (TB) stands in Ireland, she has an excellent physique inc hind end. Possibly worth a look, his progeny are starting to event