Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Schoolmaster

Default Re: TB stallions with super strong back ends

Quote Originally Posted by popsdosh View Post
    The op has a criteria they are looking for and your guy does not full fill that. Having seen him yesterday I can honestly say he wasnt what I was expecting ! Better leave it at that.
    you never just know and the op may have an interest and thanks for the negative comment, add that to the 30 positive ones we had I'll take that as a positive coming from you.

Thank you for your support.

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Faracat View Post
    I'm not supporting you, I'm actually a little narked that some very valuable forum members who own stallions have been hauled over the coals for mentioning their horses, even in passing, yet you are constantly promoting your own stallion without any comeback. It just takes a look at your previous posts to see that you aren't really interested in taking part in this forum properly, it's mainly just to promote your own horse.
    Its a shame if your narked and like many other posters I have also had some run in with Admin over posts. I think you will find that according to the rules you can respond to a post. I leave this for you to ponder.

At one time the forum was the place to go for chat and information but that's changed in recent years with Facebook and Twitter etc and so the valued forum members have reduced over the years, some have also left due to the trolls or faceless people who hide behind the key pad. So with above in mind please excuse me if I not on this forum 24/7 doing my knitting waiting for a post to respond to. Many Thanks for your support.

Where we are missing the studs like Louella now.

Primitive Proposal is still standing and in my experience throws lovely, big, very sporty eventing types.

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by millitiger View Post
    Where we are missing the studs like Louella now.

Primitive Proposal is still standing and in my experience throws lovely, big, very sporty eventing types.
    I liked Louella, shame they closed.

En route to the kennels.

Quote Originally Posted by Springs View Post
    .. . I think you will find that according to the rules you can respond to a post. I leave this for you to ponder.

.. .
    On your behalf, and that of others, I've asked Admin for clarification.

As has been pointed out by popsdosh, the OP is looking for a Thoroughbred, not a part-bred.

To the OP, I'd imagine that the best place to look for such a horse would be in Ireland, but so few of the studs out there have websites, often no internet connection, and any sensible camera salesman should make a killing! For most out there, chilled, frozen and shipping seem to be quite beyond them!

The Irish don't seem big on promotion, sadly and tend to rely upon their reputations and word of mouth! The best of the TBs though, are still standing in the Emerald Isle, I suspect.

It's such a shame that the best NH stallions are still commanding fees which are beyond the sport horse breeder. I remain convinced that if TB blood is what's needed, then just any-old TB won't do, it's horses with proven records which are needed.

Alec.
    I've decided that life's far to important for it to be taken seriously.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Swan View Post
    On your behalf, and that of others, I've asked Admin for clarification.

As has been pointed out by popsdosh, the OP is looking for a Thoroughbred, not a part-bred.

To the OP, I'd imagine that the best place to look for such a horse would be in Ireland, but so few of the studs out there have websites, often no internet connection, and any sensible camera salesman should make a killing! For most out there, chilled, frozen and shipping seem to be quite beyond them!

The Irish don't seem big on promotion, sadly and tend to rely upon their reputations and word of mouth! The best of the TBs though, are still standing in the Emerald Isle, I suspect.

It's such a shame that the best NH stallions are still commanding fees which are beyond the sport horse breeder. I remain convinced that if TB blood is what's needed, then just any-old TB won't do, it's horses with proven records which are needed.

Alec.
    Indeed that used to be the joy of SHBGB in a previous incarnation was it not!

Bandmaster is a lovely big TB follow the link Primitive Proposal also standing there

http://www.vauterhillstud.co.uk/stallions.html
    Last edited by popsdosh; 08-01-17 at 07:56 PM.

Old nag

This one also will do your job nicely.

http://harthillstud.com/stallions/power-blade/

I looked at Sirens Missile a couple of years ago. Not overly tall but a really lovely strong stamp. I was also impressed by Bandmaster. For me Springs Spirit has no depth or strength. I like the conformation on Sugarfoot too, but he is an old boy and natural only, plus chestnut and I am not keen on chestnut horses so I passed him by when I was looking.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by AdorableAlice View Post
    stamp. For me Springs Spirit has no depth or strength.
    For what its worth that was what surprised me in the flesh as out of all the stallions there he looked by far the most immature! Particularly in depth of chest and spring to the rib. Springs, if he was mine and you are serious about marketing him you need to reevaluate where your aiming and maybe listen to some breeders looking to breed event horses . To be honest personally with TB mares I am looking towards good SJ or dressage stallions with some blood still in their pedigree . There were several nice candidates yesterday as there was some lovely bred european young stallions ,I was so pleased I went as I went expecting to use Jaguar mail and actually realised he wouldnt suit my mares . I am extremely saddened to say I did not see one British bred stallion that got me half interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Swan View Post

Alec.
    Thanks for replies folks. Entirely agree Alec. I'm sure you're right. Weston Justice is probably my favourite but he's only 15/16th - although unlikely that 1/16 will make a huge difference. some other great suggestions to look into - the same names always crop up on these TB stallion threads. I love the look of PP but get put off him every time I look into him, just not convinced he's as great as his sire was. Thanks again.
    Last edited by LizzieRC1313; 09-01-17 at 09:44 PM.