Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yearling

Default Re: Do horses get jealous??!!

I have to say you have made me giggle!! That is brilliant!! We really are slaves to our mares😂😂😂lucky we love them so much eh!!! Xx

My little filly who is usually first up for cuddles wouldn't speak to me today, ive just been on holiday for a week and she was clearly unhappy at being left as she would consent to me scratching her itchy bits but wasn't giving any of her usual cuddles back. The two boys couldn't give two hoots and were their usual selfs!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by annt View Post
    I'm feeling rejected!!��
    I bought an ISH cross mare and Welsh mountain pony mare 8 weeks ago and both have settled amazing and have got on like a house on fire since day 1. The pony is a lead rein pony but mainly bought her as a companion for my mare. Both have been great to catch and come to meet me in the field and stand quietly while I put head collar on....until yesterday! Usually catch my mare daily to check her over at least but both live out 24-7 otherwise. Yesterday I decided my pony deserved some pampering as hadn't brought her out of field for a week so brought her in. When I went back out with her to catch my mare for a hack, she had a really fed up face and every time I approached her she would turn her bum towards me and not look at me!! I consulted the forum to help me catch her as couldn't let her win (took 1hr 40mins!!). Just gave her bit of tlc then turned her out again. Today, she is exactly the same! Managed to catch her to put her in shed out of rain for a while but whenever I approach her even in the shed she turns her bum at me! I can't think why she is being so rude when she has been so good until now! Anyone have any ideas or shld I ride it out and hopefully she gets over it!! Xx
    Yes they do

When my boys mum was alive he would always get jealous of her with the amount of attention and cuddles she got

* my boy does but then he srill missing his mum and he is a grumpy git
    * 2 mare is a moody mare in season and watches if I go to the other two
    3* watches everything i do if it involves the sweety pot and watches if i go too much on the other 2
    4* could not give a rats as she prefer 4 legs to 2 legs
    Last edited by Tyssandi; 09-12-16 at 05:30 PM.

My mare used to hate my OH's gelding. She would lean out of her stable and pull faces at him whenever OH was in the stable or school with him and I swear she whinnied with joy as he left the yard in the trailer when he was sold

Yes!
    One of my *eys isn't wor*ing so I have replaced the offending letter with a *

Mine won't let any other horse/pony near me, ears go back, she'll lunge at them or swing her bum at them. I am her mum and no one may share me. It's lovely to be so loved by your forever horse.
    Ride a Clydesdale it makes your butt look small!

Youngster

Mine gelding had for 12 yrs is jealous of my 3 yr old Hanoverian gelding when I do any handling with him I get extremely dirty looks from older horse I think though it's more of a dominance thing as the youngster has tried for top dog on the yard

Old nag

Hell hath no fury like a slighted Irish draught mare!(or for that matter any other Irish draught,lol)

Youngster

Yes, or at least it seems like it!

If I so much as lay a finger on my Dad's horse, my pony immediately gets her knickers in a twist!!