Page 1 of 46 123611 ... LastLast

Default The Peel case horses - the lost ones

For anyone who's interested in this case, here's a link to the thread on AL that is going through what happened to each horse involved.

http://www.arabianlines.com/forum1/t...56&whichpage=1

Old nag

Default Re: The Peel case horses - the lost ones

I noticed that according to the programme for the recent (July 2016) BE Cholmondeley Horse Trials that Rachelle and Stephen Peel were listed as fence judges.

Wasn't a key part of the Peel defence that Stephen was suffering from dementia?

What a sad case.

So out of 35, not all "rescued" by the rspca, some probably disappeared pre 2013, there is only 1 who has truly been rescued and rehomed, Bubblegum rehomed under a different identity by HAPPA, a few unlucky ones have been returned to the peels the rest were killed fairly quickly most for no good reason, only Taragun was fatally injured during the collection process.
    A few are still missing having been taken by the RSPCA I guess they were also destroyed but they are not admitting it, I still cannot understand how they took in these horses, had the passports, microchip details of most, yet didn't seem to make any attempt to try to work towards getting them healthy, they were in the main just a bit underweight and suffering from mudfever/ rainscald, a month of care would have been enough to get that sorted, some were very young, they were all quality animals but they gave them no chance, apart from the few that were returned, beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlypom View Post
    Wasn't a key part of the Peel defence that Stephen was suffering from dementia?
    That's what I had thought...

The AHS contacted the RSPCA with homes lined up for the horses, but said that the RSPCA wouldn't enter into any discussion about it.

Despite all the publicity on here and in the Daily Mail they are welcomed as fence judges at a BE event? Was Jamie Gray there as well? I'm shocked - did news of the case not reach the eventing world then? Or did the RSCA (P deliberately left out) blunders overshadow what really went on. Does nothing really matter any more?
    Last edited by Archangel; 15-08-16 at 07:43 AM.

I think a few emails to BE are in order. Sickening.

Veteran

I would suggest that an independent report needs to becarried out to determine exactly what happened in this horrific welfare case.

This is horrific, makes my bool boil overtime I hear about it

Wish the Peels could feel a fraction of what they inflicted on their horses....