Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38111213

Thread: Our mums to be!

Veteran

Default Re: Our mums to be!

I've followed this thread from day one, but have just re-read it from start to finish tonight and I so enjoyed watching them grow over the course of 12 pages. They really are a credit to you, Mariposa

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    I've followed this thread from day one, but have just re-read it from start to finish tonight and I so enjoyed watching them grow over the course of 12 pages. They really are a credit to you, Mariposa
    That's so kind of you, thank you!

Schoolmaster

This thread is so lovely to read, you have two very lovely young horses there!

It's been a few months since my last update so thought I'd pop up some new photos! Our babies ( can I still call them babies now they are three?!) are having the summer off, so we hoped they'd be out in the field for a few months but Cardinal had other ideas. One morning he had a sore eye, weeping and inflamed, so he was bought straight in and the vet saw it that morning, all seemed in hand but then he developed a corneal ulcer. It was treated, and again we thought it was clearing but then it came back with a vengeance. Long story short...he ended up spending 3 weeks in hospital and we did think it might not be a happy ending, but thanks to some very intensive care he had the all clear and is home. So far so good - hoping we won't have a repeat!
    The sore eye

Doped for treatment

Feeling very sorry for himself

Finally feeling better!

Meanwhile Paloma is positively blooming...in fact she's had to go into the skinny field with my daughter's rotund Welsh Section A! She's looking amazing, coat the colour of burnished copper and so shiney!

They are going back 'to school' for a few weeks in the late autumn, before coming home and then the fun will really begin ( which reminds me...I really must buy a new back protector and proper crash hat!!)

covered in mud in a cold wet English field somewhere, trying to catch my ponies.

Ooh they have grown up so stunning! Lucky you!!
    Maturity < unicorns in matchy matchy

Old nag

Gorgeous! Poor boy with the sore eye, glad he is better now. I do enjoy your updates.
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...

Thank you I am totally biased of course but I do think they're nice little horses!