Default H&H feature: DIY projects around the yard

Have you recently decided to roll-up your sleeves and tackle a project on your yard for yourself? If so, H&H would like to have a chat with you for a magazine feature. The type of projects that we are thinking of range from converting a barn into stables to building your own cross-country fences, from building a covered wash-down area to converting your own lorry. If you think you (or someone you know) has a story that fits the bill, please email basic details to freelance writer andreaoakes@yahoo.co.uk. Many thanks.

Default Re: H&H feature: DIY projects around the yard

Being a right tight Yorkshire lass, I'll go to any length to save some money; this usually entails designing and making it myself out of anything I can get free or cheap. Here's an arty jump I made from fence posts, a scaffold plank and palette wood and my garden gate (front and back complete with cats!) that I made from a palette.

Handy Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by Woolybear View Post
    Being a right tight Yorkshire lass, I'll go to any length to save some money; this usually entails designing and making it myself out of anything I can get free or cheap. Here's an arty jump I made from fence posts, a scaffold plank and palette wood and my garden gate (front and back complete with cats!) that I made from a palette.

Handy Mandy
    I love the jump- it looks like it would be perfect for bombproofing my mare!

Hi everyone im new to this but l will say the jump that was made is brillient it would be perfect to
    Introduce my 5yr old to. Has anyone got some tips onong reining a 3 yr old.
    Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneBoyce View Post
    Hi everyone im new to this but l will say the jump that was made is brillient it would be perfect to
    Introduce my 5yr old to. Has anyone got some tips onong reining a 3 yr old.
    Yvonne
    Try doing some join-ups. It's going to make the horse a lot easier to rein.
    'Horses fly without wings and conquer without swords'

Youngster

They're soo cool!

THIS IS A BBC CASTING CALL OUT!!!

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live a completely different life? An exciting new BBC Two documentary series would like to hear from those open to having a potentially life-changing adventure.

Do you have a destination on your bucket-list that is yet to see a tick beside it? Is there a country or culture which you have often dreamed of being part of? Have you reached a point in your life where you’re ready to have the solo adventure of your dreams? Whatever your situation or motivation, if you are excited by the prospect of escaping your status quo and challenging your perception of the world, we would like to hear from you.

If you would like to find out more please contact: LifeSwapAdventure@bbc.co.uk

Or visit our website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/t...swap_adventure