Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just backed

Default Re: Livery/grazing for 4 in Fochabers area

Glen of Newmill is by Keith which is about 6miles from Fochabers, il pm you her details.

Just backed

Just a thought, theres also Knock Farm...they do livery i believe, if you have facebook, look up Knock Farm Cross Country, it has their details there.

Yearling

Quote Originally Posted by Merrick View Post
    Hi how far is that away from orton? Could you pm me her details please? Would prefer not to pay £100 a week for too long lol! Thanks
    If you get in touch with her let me know as that might be of interest to me too have enquired about a house not far from keith area...x

Just backed

Strathisla Riding club is the local one, maybe a message on their newsletter/facebook page may help, their members would know what is going about locally.

Yearling

There is loads of livery available around here - Andy Simpson, local farrier, has just opened livery facilities at Lhanbryde. You will get his phone number via the FRC, Kathleen Paterson has good facilities and is near Cranloch Riding School. There is also Burgie which has two yards, either Linda Davidson or Yvonne Murray ( which is a bit further away and through Elgin) as well as Les Thompson at Birnie. The other local Riding Club is Moray Riding Club based at Burgie but with members from Fraserburgh to the Western Isles (yes really). Good luck!

Thanks, the problem has been finding somewhere with 4 vacancies as obviously we want them all together. Think we are sorted all being well now ( well horses are, the same can't be said for us though:/)
    Thanks, do you know of a decent horse dentist up there too?

Bit of a late reply, I'm from just outside Elgin. Glad you've possibly found somewhere. Was going to say there's Walkerdale at Arradoul as well.

I use Andy Watson for my boys dentist but quite a few people also highly recommend David Brown.

Have you got a farrier sorted? If not, I very highly recommend Jason Cunningham. Have used him for years and wouldn't use anyone else unless I really had to. He's fab!

Just backed

Dentist wise i used our vet, Aberlour Vet Practice, they have a surgery in Fochabers, best vets around, with vast horsey knowledge and brilliant manners around horses.
    Farrier wise David Cockill from Cornhill is brilliant.

Second Aberlour vets! I would have my horse registered with them but they're quite a distance away for an emergency

Hi everyone I thought I would update those of you who helped us in our hunt for accommodation for not only our horses but ourselves too!
    We are very happily settled in a cottage and moved our horses onto a field we have bought ( with full planning for a house as an added bonus!) a week ago.
    Unfortunately we did have to call the local vet when one of our girls impaled herself on broken fencing at the yard we had them on... Luckily she seems to be healing well.
    Just one other thing....does anyone know what the hacking is like in Whiteash Forest? It is half a mile from our field
    Certainly no regrets about making the big move up here- we love it!