Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Richardson Rice

Default Re: Richardson Rice

My Rice Richardson is 650KG unladen. Its the lightest there was at the time (1996) as I towed with a saloon car.

Schoolmaster

Hello stewuk,

I think you'll find the number you've given is for the inside sleeve the bearing goes onto. The best thing to do is speak to a bearing supplier like Bearingboys dot co dot uk or someone like that. Most are standard sizes and not expensive.

LB

Old nag

Shame - they made what looked like the only decent rear facing trailer. I wonder if someone else will take that on - Ifor Williams told me they had no plans to.

Yearling

Hi does anyone know where my friend could source a new ramp spring for her Rice Beauford double trailer please? Any help appreciated :-)

Veteran

Try Warwickshire Trailers - the ramp assisters are like hen's teeth though - you might struggle to get one. You could get one made up by a competent engineer if you can take the existing one off

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by JillA View Post
    Shame - they made what looked like the only decent rear facing trailer. I wonder if someone else will take that on - Ifor Williams told me they had no plans to.
    As I understand it nobody at the moment can produce a rear facing trailer as a certain manufacturer managed to patent it!! I believe it expires in the near future.

Foal

The Irish Blue Cross have three Richardson Supreme Treble trailers in their fleet;2004, 2006, 2007. They also have 2 1998 (pre Richardson) large Rice Beaufort 60's (later Trebles).
    All Richardsons' have over 100,000 miles, one has over 200,000 miles.
    All have major servicing carried out by Stanley's of Woodsgift, Co Kilkenny.

Apart from specific parts (Nose Cone, Front Top Door) we can readily get all other parts (hitch, brakes, axels, bearings, hubs, lighting, door springs, door hinges etc etc) from various suppliers in Ireland or the UK, generally on short delivery.

A recent survey of the galvanised frame structure and nylon floors conclude that the trailers will be capable of a further ten years of use. Replacing the exterior coated panels is not difficult.

We have upgraded all trailers to LED lighting (it was a weakness on the last two trailers). On the two older Rice trailers we have fitted upright coil spring assistors to the rear ramp (generic units, just weld on the hooks).

Richardsons were well built and with reasonable maintenance they should last twenty years from new and are economical and straightforward to maintain and refurbish. Apart from the structure and GRP parts, everything else was "off the shelf" OEM manufacture and is still available (even the little silver aluminium hub caps are a standard item - without the stick on logo).

Quote Originally Posted by TommisMum View Post
    As you may know Richardson Rice are no longer trading.
    However if anyone has any questions re these trailers (parts/servicing etc) please PM me as I know 2 of their previous employees with over 40 years manufacturer experience (between them) so should be able to help with anything.
    Thanks for that I will bear that in mind. Mine is still going strong - I've had it since 1995, Dad's replaced the floor and tongue and grooved all the hard wood, altered the partition, replace the panelling inside and painted in three times. Its a lovely trailer and hopefully will go on for many years to come. If you look after them, they can last a lifetime.

You could also call George Flanagan on Phone:01565 873222 who owns Cheshire Trailers and deals in Rice trailers
    HHO TOWING CLINIC = http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forum...d.php?t=490195
    HHO LGV (HGV) CLINIC = http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forum...d.php?t=555565
    Email alerts for CLINICS
    Guide to Safe & Legal Towing = http://www.ntta.co.uk/law/
    VOSA guide for horsebox and horse trailer owners = http://www.vosa.gov.uk/guide-for-horsebox-owners
    Members vehicle & trailer combinations = http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forum...er-do-you-have

Hi!
    I know this is a long shot, but the spare wheel cover for my Richardson supreme horse trailer came off and was lost coming home from a show and I'm struggling to source one to buy. I saw that you know an ex employee of richardsons & wondered if they knew where I could source one please? Long shot I know! :-)