Yearling

Default White Irish Horse Passport...

Hi all

Im writing this as I dont want to impose on the other passport question that has just been asked.

I bought my mare nearly 3 weeks ago, she has a White Irish Passport, only her dam side is on the passport, is that why it will be a white one??

The original breeder (Timothy Sulivan) is the only registered owner, I know she has had 5 other owners since then as Im now in contact with one of them who has shared alot of her history with me, but she knows nothing before she was imported.

Timothy Sulivan was a top Irish breeder so why would only her dam side have been listed on her passport??

Her dam was Carrabawn Kate, but no sire side is on.. http://www.idshs.com.au/perl/search....wn_kate&gens=5 (dams pedigree)

she is also not named on her passport, is it worth me naming her, I know there will be a fee and its not a necessary thing

Default Re: White Irish Horse Passport...

Is it Irish Horse Board? Mine is white too, which denotes unknown breeding. My horse's previous owner is pretty well known so I was surprised that the breeding is unknown too.

If both sire and dam are known, the Irish passports are usually green, I think. God knows why the sire is not on there, may be that a stallion was left to run with mares, mare was unknowingly sold in foal as a BOGOF? Could be any reason.

RIP Jakey 10.8.10 Yes, my horse and dogs match!
    Proud member of the Infractions Club

Yearling

Yeah its Irish Horse Board.

I just find it strange, not that i know alot about passports mind, that with having the carrabawns in her pedigree that nothing was listed. But like you say could be any reason.

I believe white is unknown breeding, blue is known but not on the approved list of stallions/mares and green is known and approved.

Sometimes horses whose breeding you would expect to be recorded aren't as the stud fee wasn't paid and therefore the stallion owner wouldn't issue a covering certificatewhen the foal was born. Also, some breeders just don't get organised enough to pull the paperwork together and apply for a passport when it is needed to move/sell the youngster rather than allowing time for the breeding to be processed - it's much quicker to get a white passport without breeding from the IHR than one which has full breeding which has been checked and verified.

Not suggesting either of these apply in your cases but they are possbilities.