Default What would you do in this situation- torn

My boy came in Friday night with 2 very hot hind legs. This morning the heat had completely gone but he's tracking an inch short on the near hind and there is a touch of swelling round the fetlock. In walk he tracks up as normal. He has been in all day. 4 people have watched him including myself and he's not lame as such as there is no hopping, nodding etc just a slight under-track and mild fluid at the back of the fetlock joint.

Do I turn out tomorrow? My concern is after 2 days in he might explode going out on Monday when I have to go to work. If I turn out tomorrow I could keep an eye on him, but perhaps he needs longer in?! Arg I really don't know which is a better option....

Default Re: What would you do in this situation- torn

Yes i'd turn out.

Sport horse

Can you turnout in a restricted area or perhaps go for a short hack in walk only or in hand so he has a chance to move around without being silly. I keep in if I have your situation with some sort of sensible exercise to allow them to walk off any swelling without damage then cold hose after and then box again and see how he is Monday ?

I'd turn out in a fenced off area where he isn't completely separated from others but won't be able to lark about with them etc.

I would turn out, or hack/lead out in walk.
    Sweet dreams Rex. 12.4.00 - 5.8.13. Sleep tight little man.

RIP pain free Rebel, 19.5.90 - 14.10.11. They broke the mould when they made you. You were my horse of a lifetime.

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no-one's definition of your life, but define yourself.

I can't restrict the paddock space as the winter paddocks are all full but he'll be out with just one other. I think I will turn out for 2 hours while I muck out out him and my parterre horse and see how he is from there fingers crossed he will be fine

Thanks for your replies it helps to see what options to go for!

Sorry for typos my phone is giving the most bizarre auto-corrects!!