Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sport horse

Default Winter Yard/Riding Coat - brands/suggestions?

Brrrrrrrr it was chilly this morning!

Tim to wrap up! I used to have a lovely Kyra K down-filled coat, but after 12 years hard service, it's officially dead!

Can anyone suggest a nice make of winter coat? Great quality, stylish, strong, and around about the 100-150 mark?

Veteran

Default Re: Winter Yard/Riding Coat - brands/suggestions?

Kingsland, mountain Horse or Pikeur.

I think my mountain horse one is probably the warmest.

Veteran

I think kingsland are really overpriced so have never bought one. Pikeur are lovely but I haven't had one that has stood up to heavy rain so tend to wear mine more for cosmetic reasons than yard work. I've had several musto jackets (professional, Suffolk and paddock) and been really pleased with them all. So musto gets my vote. My friend is a big gersemi fan so may be worth a look.
    Sports ponies rock...

Veteran

Have you seen the Dublin Morgan? Long, warm and waterproof :-) Sizes do come up a bit small but its lovely, very impressed with the fit and quality....

When it comes to waterproof I have to say north face all the way. Not a 'riding' brand but I have had mine for 9 years and just bought the same again to replace it. My horseware pikeur musto and rockfish jackets tend to stay in the cupboard till the weather is better.

Another for North face for an actual waterproof.

I tend to wear Blousons most of the time but one day I was caught in the rain and stole my boyfriends dads North face. Very cosy and waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by Baileyhoss View Post
    When it comes to waterproof I have to say north face all the way. Not a 'riding' brand but I have had mine for 9 years and just bought the same again to replace it. My horseware pikeur musto and rockfish jackets tend to stay in the cupboard till the weather is better.
    Or any of the standard outdoor brands, for that matter. It really depends on how much you want to spend!

Also, if you want any jacket to stay waterproof it pays to look after it. I wash everything like that in tech wash and reproof.

My MH jacket is comfortable and warm but slightly short where the drawstring does up so drafty when on the ground but nice to ride in. I have a new Musto one that's lovely and definitely long enough but not really been put to the test.

Generally I'm quite pro Dublin stuff these days - I think they've raised their game and while maybe not top quality, I've generally been pleased.

‎It's a sign of intelligence and growth to change your mind. If you never change your mind, you're never learning anything new.

Old nag

Nice warm waterproof windproof builders jacket. Will set you back about 40 and will last ages.

Added bonus its hi-vis so you can use it for hacking to.

Im in love with my new Euro Star Bente- Its warm cosy long enough to cover the tops of your legs so they dont get wet but easy to ride in with lots of pockets!! Hood is great you can remove the fur trim from it (which ive done as it was like a wet rat around your neck if its raining!) Brill coat

Schoolmaster

Love both the Mountain Horse Winnipeg & the Regal