View Poll Results: Is Your Appaloosa Very Clever?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • quite clever

1 16.67%
  • very clever

3 50.00%
  • not so clever

1 16.67%
  • dumb

1 16.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Foal

Wink Spirit Of Tobias & Rodega Tobias

I have a 4 year old appaloosa gelding sired by Spirit Of Tobias. i have owned Bubbles for 3 years but i am only know lookigninto his breeding ext. When i got bubbleshe was wild, terrified, skinny and full ofinfection. I dont know anythig about his past at all including his mothers side of the family as they are untracable. I would love to talk o anyone with a hors by this breeding and trade pictures and thoughts ext please please email me at dakots_horse@live.co m or add me on Fb at Kirstin O Legacy xx

Default Re: Spirit Of Tobias & Rodega Tobias

Hi . I have spirit of tobias! Have owned him a couple of years but will answer any questions if I can!

Old nag

I remember Rodega Tobias - but that was about 20 years ago or so.

If I remember correctly, Rodega came from the name of Rod E Gale. We had appaloosas and used to compete against him. He used to do well in the ridden classes and was a decent showjumper.

He was related to Sutters Showboat on one side and Bantac Kaliff on the other side - Sutters Showboard was a US horse and Bantac Kaliff I think was based in Scotland (certainly somewhere in the UK). He was one of the bigger appaloosas rather than the smaller, quicker types.

Foal

oh wow are you for real! would u be able to tell me some stuff about him, like his height, temperment and things youve found him to be good at ext? xx

Foal

awe wow thank you so much for ur reply! that is certinally stuff i didnt know! and i am really raher interested in finding out as much as i can! so thank u again!

Toby is 15.2 wonderful temperament, laid back you would hardly know he was a stallion. Very intelligent. Not really done any ridden work with him yet he has always been used for stud by his previous owners. Have got more info and pics on my website will pm you the address! Would love to know about your boy, has he got a registered name or was he not registered? Are you riding him?

Sorry having trouble accessing pm with my phone, will send you website details at tea time on computer if I can't sort it before. Also your email not right as I tried to email you last night.

Foal

My email adress is dakota_horse@live.com i also have the email adress ghost_ryders@hotmail.co.uk i use both one is my phtoography email and the other is my every day email x

Foal

Bubbles was registered with the British appaloosa Society as NorthSide Pakiel, how ever i am having this name changed as i dont like it lol im changing it to Tobias' Optical Illusion, and yes i backed him last year, as a 3 and a half year old and then he had 4 months to grow ext, he is just being brought back into work now, he has done a little bit of jumping and shows massive potiential, he is brave, careful and very scopey! xx

This is my boy, Rodega Tobias is his great grandsire, his grandsire is Fenjay Flyer:

He's clever, opinionated and grumpy, only has eyes for me and god forbid i try to do anything with my other horse!!
    However, i think he's great, he jumps like a stag, moves straight as a die and has lovely floaty paces. He is four, 15.1hh and has been backed a year.
    Haven't done much with him just yet due to having a really rubbish year meaning i just haven't had time. But im hoping to get him going again by the end of this year.