Default Global herbs Skratch

Any thoughts please.

Big heavy cob, no SI lesions but generally itchy. Not rubbing tail, is rubbing chest and neck.

Frontline will be used on harvest mites but just thinking about treating from within as well ?

Schoolmaster

Smile Re: Global herbs Skratch

I use the Skratch Extra liquid on my Eygptian Arab, who was in a very poor state when I bought him. He had been turned out over summer autumn, winter and spring on the bogs and eaten alive by insects all over his body. The insects had burrowed down into his skin, died and become encysted, leaving infected lumps all over him. Vet treatment sorted out the chronic infection, but left him with scarring and itching. Global herbs Scratch has improved him a great deal and the scarring is gradually lessening. He is no longer itchy, and new lumps no longer appear. Most of the old ones, which were scar tissue which had hardened, are gradually lessening. I am feeding it in the recommended stabilising dose and have done for the past 12 months. Hope this helps.

Default Re: Global herbs Skratch

Thank you.
    Any problems feeding it, the literature states it is not palatable. My cob is a dustbin so hopefully won't turn her nose up at it.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by AdorableAlice View Post
    Thank you.
    Any problems feeding it, the literature states it is not palatable. My cob is a dustbin so hopefully won't turn her nose up at it.
    My mare is a complete HOOVER when it comes to eating - she literally has a disorder I think - obsessive over any food. She ran a mile from Skratch and I wasted a whole tub. Put it this way, if you get it on your hands be prepared to stink of it for days..

It's amazing stuff!!
    My boy suffered from severe sweetitch, and this made such a huge difference to him. He instantly had a lot less flies/midges around him and he hardly ever scratched when I was feeding it, seemed a lot happier and more at peace in the fields too. And his coat was lovely! This combined with his boett rug allowed him to have a lovely full mane and tail when before I'd never managed to achieve it. I always noticed when I ran out as he started itching.

ETA - the liquid is more palatable, but I never struggled to get the powder down my boy - did always soak his meals though as it's very dusty x

Just backed

I have one on the liquid I can actually say it has made a huge difference to his sweet itch ...we have a tail!!! *fanatically touches wood* (he does wear a sweet itch rug, but last year without this he still had chunks missing)

Platibility wise the liquid is more easily tolerated, mine is very fussy but will eat this. However the powder (it's a stronger product) doesn't go down well one I ride for someone has to be hand fed his and pulls faces but reluctantly eats it. I has worked well for him and he has a full mane for the first time in years I actually could plait it!

Just backed

Sorry on phone cant edit ...I mean with out the liquid and with the rug

Thank you.

This cob is new to me, vetted 5 stage 4 days ago, no SI but a few oldish harvest mite scabs, which don't worry me, frontline will zap that problem, it may well zap the chest/neck itching if I put it along the top of her mane.

She has been bitten badly today, despite the fly sheet and was really agitated this evening. She is a big bird and didn't do the stable wall any favours so I need to treat her quickly.

I think this wet and humid weather has a lot to do with such a heavy midge problem ?

Sport horse

At first Nas ate it and i think it did make a difference. but then he just stopped and refused point blank to eat anything that had even been near it.

now we rely on nettex summer freedom salve and z-itch.
    www.diet2ride.com A weight loss journey to ride again.

Global herbs are sending a free sample to see if she will eat it. They have recommended Skratch Classic rather than the very strong one.