Page 1 of 18 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Kent vet

Default Re: Kent vet

CANT DOWNLOAD ON MY WORK COMPUTER, WHAT DOES IT SAY!!!!!!

Benson sadly only about docking puppies--had hoped for more

ROYAL COLLEGE OF VETERINARY SURGEONS
    V
    DAVID E SMITH
    CHARGE SHEET
    That, being registered in the Register of Veterinary Surgeons and whilst in practice at Lakeview
    Veterinary Centre, 58 Union Road, Deal, Kent CT14 6AR and Dover & Folkestone Quarantine
    Kennels, Crete Road West, Folkestone, Kent CT18 7AB you:
    1. On 14 December 2010, in the Channel Magistrates Court, were convicted of removing the
    whole or part of a dog's tail otherwise than for the purpose of medical treatment and were
    sentenced to pay a fine of 1,300; and further that the conviction was on 16 May 2011 upheld
    by the Canterbury Crown Court;
    And it is alleged that the above conviction renders you unfit to practise veterinary surgery;
    AND/OR
    2. That, being registered in the Register of Veterinary Surgeons and whilst in practice at
    Lakeview Veterinary Centre, 58 Union Road, Deal, Kent CT14 6AR and Dover & Folkestone
    Quarantine Kennels, Crete Road West, Folkestone, Kent CT18 7AB you:
    a. On 27 March 2008, other than in relation to the conviction in the Channel Magistrates
    Court on 14 December 2010 referred to in 1 above, removed the whole or part of the
    tail of 12 puppies other than for the purpose of medical treatment; and/or
    b. in or around April 2009, altered a record that had been completed in relation to the
    removal by you on 27 March 2008 of the tails of puppies by adding the words "for
    law enforcement"; and that you did so:
    i. in a deliberate and/or dishonest attempt to mislead; and/or
    ii. when you ought to have known that the said alteration might have been
    misleading.
    AND THAT, in relation to the facts alleged, whether individually or cumulatively, you have been
    guilty of disgraceful conduct in a professional respect.
    21 March 2012
    From Horses for Life:
    The intention to harm need not be present for a horse to in fact, be harmed.
    Knottenbelt
    Do unto the horse as you would have done to yourself.

Ok, thanks for that. Nothing to do with vettings of horses yet then.

Schoolmaster

I dont think this is the first time he has done something wrong, best avoided in relation to all animals

no but I posted it so hopefully anyone looking for a vet to vet horses in Kent would be wary.

I had a pony vetted by him too and have been contacted by many others who have too.

I would like to avoid anyone else having similar problems. I don't really care why he's struck off - just hope that this time he won't be allowed back.

Schoolmaster

and so say all of us!!

OK you lot..let`s give you the facts on this one. David was asked to dock a Rottie litter bred by a security establishment purely for working homes,so he obliged. Now,if the clients were lying THAT is not his fault. As it happens,another vet ..who had worked for him ,his first job in fact,..had one of these docked rotties enter his surgery when it was around six months old.How do I know..I was in that surgery at the time.That vet had parted on bad terms with David,and just could`nt wait to "get" him.Despicible in my opinion to do this to someone good enough to give them their first chance in practice,but there you are ,some folk are scrotes.
    This vet then informed the rspca..no caps you`ll notice..and so it all started up.YESTERDAY THE CASE WAS DISMISSED,END OF STORY.
    Last edited by EAST KENT; 25-05-12 at 11:46 AM.

Hmmm, I think there is alot more to the interest on here than docked tails.

Possibly so..but that yet has to be proved,and NO ONE is guilty until PROVED so! I would be totally amazed if anything was proved in the future, I KNOW this guy very well remember ,you lot do not,he is`nt faultless by any means ..but a crook..NEVER.
    By the way ,ANYONE stupid enough to get a horse vetted by the dealers vet has to be less than intelligent in my opinion.