Default Ted Ridden Show Report

Today was our ridden show, didn't get off to a good start. Ted was kicking out at everyone as we loaded up and groomed , he bucked all the way through his in-hand classes, left him to chill out by trailer whilst I helped a friend.

Got back, Hopped on and he wasn't a happy bunny at all, started warming up and he was running off with me. He was just hyper in the show atmosphere. He was not happy, I was nearly in tears, made the descision to go in anyway, We had bucks and rears, and trying to run off with me, Got to the idividual show and he ran off with me and the saddle pad slipped I couldn't get it back, I ended up on his neck, slipped my legs round and landed on my feet, Went to get back on and my stirrup leather snapped, got on, walked round but (obviously) didn't get placed.

Not bothered really, It's more for experience. Going to start to tail off the ridden career now, may use him as an occasional hack but going to concentrate on continuing to break him to harness.
    Beauty, I was so so blessed to have you in my life, Miss you everyday. Someday I'll see you again 1967-2012

Default Re: Ted Ridden Show Report

Awww I clicked on the link wanting to see pics Are there any pics of the day?

Sometimes it just goes that way, sorry to hear it didnt go to plan today
    Everything in life happens for a reason so Live it, Learn it, and Love it.
    Use your smile to change the world, don't let the world change your smile!"

Veteran

what a shame, don't give up though today obviously just wasn't your day xxxx
    There's nothing like a chestnut mare...

Beauty, I was so so blessed to have you in my life, Miss you everyday. Someday I'll see you again 1967-2012

Hehe he's so cheeky! If it was easy it wouldn't be as much fun, chin up and keep trying. Perseverance (usually) pays off x

Because he is little as well, I have to stay really balanced other wise he is gone from under me