Default Very excited to be able to do my FIRST EVER (dressage) competition report :) :)

Hi everyone!!

I'm probably going to bore the socks offa you all with my competition report but i'm beaming from ear to ear (even a week later!!) with the result and need to share my happiness with you all

This year I've decided to stop hiding in the in-hand ring and do some ridden showing and dressage. I'm quite a nervous rider and don't do well under pressure, so wasn't so sure it was going to go that well!

So last Sunday (29.04.12) I took Bailey to watt meadow unaff dressage to do a walk and trot test! The weather was VILE, it rained all day long and I was soaked. The comp organisers decided to let people warm up in the indoor and then do their test on the outdoor. I was a bit worried as Bailey hates rain going in his ears and can sometimes have a mild strop/tantrum if it's too soggy out!

Due to the heavy rain, the class went from 30 competitors to 16, and I was meant to be last to go. Due to all of the drop outs everyone's time was shooting forwards so by the time I'd tacked up and got into the indoor to warm up, I was told they were waiting for me to start my test. They allowed me an extra 10 mins to warm up properly (was a bit miffed as I would have liked longer, as Bailey works better when he's settled into his trot, he'll rush everywhere with his nose in the air if he doesn't have long enough to work long and low first!)

So off we went into the howling wind and rain to do our test. Got very nervous when I realised due to the wind I couldn't hear my caller, had to rack my brains to try and remember the test solo!

Bailey to his credit was very good considering, he still did his best impression of a gypsy vanner as we trotted down the centre line, and a few of his corners were dubious .... we broke into a walk too early at one point and during the trot on a long rein he didn't stretch as he was too busy looking at the horses in the neighbouring field

Despite all of this, we emerged with 63.5% and took fourth place. The judge commented that Bailey was "a true gentleman in these difficult circumstances" and that I rode "quietly and sympathetically" and had "neat hands" so as you can imagine, for our first time out I was

Here's the two pics I brought from the show, so very proud of my little Ginger Cob and cannot wait to have another go, hopefully when the weather is better!

*please excuse the waterproof and pained look on my face! I was soaked and freezing

Thanks for reading

Veteran

Default Re: Very excited to be able to do my FIRST EVER (dressage) competition report :) :)

A big Well Done!
    And a big well done for going out in that weather too, you look soaked
    He looks a lovely boy

Schoolmaster

Default Re: Very excited to be able to do my FIRST EVER (dressage) competition report :) :)

How exciting

Well done, when you off out again? It's so addictive!

Aww what a sweet boy. And well done on your place, very impressive for the first time out and in such horrid weather!

Thank you all!! We're next out on the 20th for some ridden showing, then the 27th for another dressage test

Old nag

Well done! What a cute boy, I love his feathers! Special well done for braving the foul weather!

He's lovely, well done!

Anti-Rollkur-ers please feel free to use this signature, PM me for the bigger picture.

Excellent!

Very, very well done

Well done I wouldn't have rode in that weather.
    Nothing could ever replace you or come between us you are the horse of my dreams <3

Veteran

Well done - looks really awful weather. As others have said, you'll be hooked now.
    <font color="red">Member of the very popular Northern Clique and I love Chestnut mares Clique.</font>