Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sprout reminder...... :-)

About the mark rashid clinic :-)
    Owner of the craziest cat in the world

Proud loaner of World Horse Welfare Diego

RIP Amy and Zilly, beautiful girls who gave us so much laughter and fun. Have fun in horsey heaven, will never forget you xx

RIP beautiful Mr B, they'll never be another like you xx

Default Re: Sprout reminder...... :-)

*BUMP*

I have just written a long reply ... so long I got logged out and lost it .... so will try again with a shorter version!

Mark Rashid was absolutely BRILLIANT.
    He made such a transformation to the riders and horses so quickly, just using softness and visualization.
    The best demo for me was a novice male rider - lots of work was done on various aspects, but the most incredibe was this horse had a very heavy footfall in canter, with a big lumbering stride, and Mark challenged the rider to make the footfall lighter ... but didnt tell him how to achieve this. The rider thought for a bit, imagined how he wanted it to feel, put the horse in to canter and ..... immediately the horse did the most wonderful light, floaty canter ...... AMAZING!

So much more I could tell you, but wont bore you.

What a truly incredible man, a real inspiration.

Let me know if you want more, or have any specific questions. x

Just want mooooorrrrre!!

Sounds brilliant

Tell us more pls :-)

Veteran

bore us??? no chance, we need more

Bit squiffy now - will bore you some more tomorrow.

:-) will look forward to it xx

Bit worried I am not putting it across very well, and it sounds silly or boring instead of inspirational, but here is a little more ...

A lady was having trouble doing gates ... like you would in a Le Trec type comp, and her mare was rushing too much. Mark asked her to have a go, so he could see what was going on. Lady rode up to the gate, mare didnt quite end up in the right place, so rider sat quietly for a bit, then tried to reposition, same again, and on it went .... eventually she finally managed to get through.
    Mark's opinion was that she was breaking a simple thing down into too many sections, and when the mare was in the wrong position, the rider spent too long sitting thinking about how to deal with what had gone wrong, the mare was not receiving any instructions, so had completely switched off, and by then, the rider was so busy thinking about one move, she had completely lost focus of what she wanted to achieve!
    Mark said just picture riding up to the gate opening it riding through and closing it. I have typed that without comas because that was how he described it .... a simple flowing movement.
    She sorted her head out ..... and did it beautifully!

I will try and remember some more and get back to you later, if you are interested.

Veteran

Yes please! Couldn't go see it but would love to hear what else happened at the clinic. Loved his books but such a shame the clinics were so far