Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old nag

Default Re: The curse of BS returns, with a compeletely unrelated topic thrown in!

Oh dear! I hope Jen & Harry are back in action soon and that your old mare drops a lovely healthy foal at a convenient time
    The poster formally known as Felicity_09.

Old nag

Default Re: The curse of BS returns, with a compeletely unrelated topic thrown in!

What bad luck! Hope the two injured ones recover asap and you also get a lovely, healthy new foalie!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorseB View Post
    As you know I have everything crossed for Jem!

Know nothing about foaling but she is looking great (I know you had worries a while back) who is she in foal to this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by kerilli View Post
    i know all about the curse of BS, the last few times i've reg'd, horse has promptly gone lame. i did my reg on Friday, now horse not looking quite right. sigh.
    hope Jem's is minor, ditto Harry.
    mare does look pretty ready to pop, hope you time it right, very exciting. who's she in foal to?
    Future Illusion is the daddy.

Update on the invalids is nothing has cone up on Jem at all, trotted up and lunged on the concrete this morning and definately still not right, although her left hind looks worse than her right today . Harry's leg looked like this this morning (picture taken after he had had the ice boot on)

He has trotted up sound, but there is alot of heat and swelling. Put him and Jem in a mini paddock today so they can move around, and not go stir crazy in their stables, but there isn't room to go mad. Will check to see if any of Harry's swelling has gone down after lunch, or if the vet is needed (trying to avaid it on a bank holiday !)

ETA No foal yet

Afternoon update is that Harry's leg is still the same, no bigger, no smaller, no hotter, or cooler. Will see how it is this evening...............

Yet another update: Harry's leg is looking a little less filled this evening. No doubt it will be huge by tomorrow morning again, but i'm really hoping it is just bruising on his spindly TB legs!

Do you know what he did that on in the field, with his other leg perhaps? Mine managed to stud himself in his coronet whilst standing still a few years ago, he only had studs in the outside too, think he was practising a curtsy

Hope Jem comes well, last time I jumped mine he was like that - just not right (but we had gone all the way to arena UK and I thought my mum might kill me if I didn't go in ) and he's just (fingers crossed) coming right again after PSD - although I am hoping for you that it isn't the same - horses are rubbish