Thread: Anky Free Rider

Default Anky Free Rider

I originally posted this in NL but didn't get any feedback so thought I'd try in here. Has anyone tried one or got one and if so what do you think of it?

Thank you

Default Re: Anky Free Rider

Yes tried one at a show and thought it was a bit pointless to be honest. Doesn't really compare to a horse's movement at all so not sure I see how it would help.
    "You would just totally forget all sense of time and space and you were often astonished at how much better you would ride on [her] commands than you actually could ride"

Hi FB thank you for your response, I was thinking about getting one as I have a disc problem in my lower back and thought it might help loosen/strengthen it when it gets tight.

These things always look good though when they're being marketed so I'm glad to hear from someone who has actually tried one.

Uhm it MAY be helpful in that case - it's more of a gentle circular motion, rather than a 'riding' motion, if it makes sense? Is there any chance you could try one?
    "You would just totally forget all sense of time and space and you were often astonished at how much better you would ride on [her] commands than you actually could ride"

Veteran

A gym ball or a hula hoop look like they'd do the same job for a lot less IMHO! I do Equipilates costs me 7 a week for an hours lesson and it works all my core muscles!

Hi FrodoBeutlin, I thought I might try one at Badminton but I'm a bit stuck now as to where I might find one, I guess once they have been out a while one of the more upmarket (expensive ) tack shops in our area might stock one.

Dizzle I've been thinking about Pilates for ages but I'd like a riding orientated one if possible and I can't find one. There are Pilates classes held locally so I might just look into them a bit more although your hula hoop idea might help if I'm gentle with it.

Thank you

Where are you? We have one in the shop at Eland Lodge Equestrian you can come and try.

Thank you BroadfordQueen but I'm in Devon.

Are you getting a good response to yours?

Veteran

Just resurrecting this thread....has any one got one or tried one? I was talking to someone at the weekend who had one and thought it was great, and used it as a warm up before going out to ride. Has anyone else got any experience? They seem to be pretty much sold out in the UK....

thanks
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it ~ Albert Einstein