Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Schoolmaster

Default Re: (PHOTOS) Got My beautiful new wild fell pony this morning

How about Dale? So so cute. I want one!!! He's a Fuzzy.

Just backed

Smile Re: (PHOTOS) Got My beautiful new wild fell pony this morning

Can I suggest Rocky or RockaFELLa?

OMG he is so cute? He might be scared but he already knows he is in a good place as he doesn't look like he is panacking.

Awwwww what a sweetie!!!!
    I like the name Frank
    Everything in life happens for a reason so Live it, Learn it, and Love it.
    Use your smile to change the world, don't let the world change your smile!"

Schoolmaster

He's so sweet that Frank seems a bit "grown up" for him in my opinion. I like Frankie and I also like Dettori

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by staceyn View Post
    Guys your not going to believe this but before we was grooming him all over and even took him for a walk in the field this horse is unreal he was only handled two days ago this mornin I couldnt get near him then by the end of the day we did all of this ! One in a million
    Oh I do, it wouldn't surprise me at all Lucky you.

Think about it in his terms, he has been pulled away from the only home he knows, he's had two days handling probably in a stable/barn which he isn't used to, he's had a halter put on, gone in a trailer/lorry and arrived somewhere completely alien. Poor lad doesn't know which way is up really at the moment.

Along you come, give him good things to eat, provide him with some sort of safety so he's decided that you are his new leader and best friend and he's taken the path of least resistance - don't be surprised if there is one step forwards, two back briefly at times though. Sometimes when this happens it is like a switch being flipped. I have an unhandled yearling in right now, he's a real "I am - I will - so there" sort of chap. He's been leading following another horse in, the only way he would move at all, yesterday he pulled away from me, then stood on his rope and couldn't get his brain around picking up his foot, so there he stood with his head held down, couldn't move ... I came along, shifted his weight so he could move and suddenly, after that he can't do enough for me.

Good luck and enjoy him.