Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Those with sharers/loaners

Well i found my sharer on facebook, put an add on one of the horse and rider pages and found the perfect lady, been a few months now and its working out really well

Schoolmaster

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've already put a few adverts/responded to people on the sites you've given me.

To answer some of the questions;

Not wanting anyone specific really. If I find someone who just wants to school/hack then that's fine but if they wanted to do more then that's ok too. Between them they have evented, pure dressage, showjumped, teamchased, le trec, showed and I'm hoping to do some more side saddle with my big lad soon so people could have the choice.

I don't want money off anyone as I firmly believe that it's my stupid idea to have three horses and therefore I am completely responsible for their upkeep.

Not fussed with regard to age but don't have the time to be babysitting someone if you get what I mean.

One horse is really solid but forward going and can only do flatwork/hacking due to leg problems. He is 18 hands though which puts a lot of people off.
    One is only 5 and occasionally have a bit of a bronc due to previous back pain before I had him although this is becoming quite rare.
    The final horse is VERY aggressive when you're on the ground. You can cope with him but have to manage him carefully and not let him get the upper hand. Once on he's fabulous and has evented up tp a high level.

Are there people out there that would still be keen for this?

I've advertised sporadically over the past few years but never really found anyone. I think the East Midlands area seems to be quite well saturated in horses for loan/share and there's probably better options than mine...............

Sport horse

Quote Originally Posted by Wimbles View Post
    Are there people out there that would still be keen for this?
    I am currently the one sharing and the owner found me by word of mouth. But when I was looking for a horse to share I contacted large livery yards in my area and also raked the internet over and over again! So these may be good places for you to place adds.

In my personal experience I needed to share because I could not afford my own horse at the time and would have been prepared to share anything, 5 or 50! In actual fact the share has worked out really well and from next month I will have him on full loan

I think you will come across alot of time wasters and people that truly beleive they can ride (but unfortunately can't!) especially if you do not want any contribution to their keep, but if you find the right person it can be the perfect arrangement.

Good luck!
    All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl.

I would start by putting your location in your profile. Think you'd be amazed at the number of people who lurk (and never post) on this forum who just might be interested.
    Dressage - a sport where you pay to be told how bad you are!

I manageged to get a sharer for my mare. She is a Dutch warmblood and needs a very experienced rider as she has lots of tenet just doesn't know how to handle it sometimes. I couldn't of found anyone better for her. I advertised on all the free websites and had loads of replys. Just get a good video of you're horses going and some nice pics. As long as you're honest it is well worth doing. Although I did get a lot of time wasters it wasn't long before I found a lovely girl for her.
    Go green......ride a horse.

I'm a sharer, I found my share horse through a friend of friend on facebook after a posting a status that I was looking for a horse to ride. I hadn't owned a horse for several years and wasn't riding nearly enough and missed it terribly also my personal circumstances hadn't been great. Initially I was looking for a ride once or twice a week to get back into it.

Emailed the owner she told me she had a 16.1 AAxWB 5 year old that she need some help riding. Wasn't too put off by the age as I'd helped school youngsters before. She told me the horse was away getting professionally schooled as she had two very young children and was finding it hard to get give him the time he needed. Still not put off I went to meet him. Turned up and a meet an incredibly scrawny looking fidgety wreath with possibly the most endearingly large ears. Still not put off, young horse needs condition etc.

First time I rode him I had a lesson with one of the people who had been with schooling him. Some bucking and very weak Still went back for more...

Been looking after him for nearly two years now. Hes bucked his way with me, biten kicked, point blankly refused to move, been an absolute pain in the rear. transpired I was the only one riding him and his owner was scared of him Couldn't for several months last year. I've gone from one day to five and he's now recovering from kissing spine op.

He's now a very nice horse, does not barge and I couldn't be without any of it. He's helped me through a very difficult personal time. Hes' awesome and I've loved the lessons he taught me and enjoyed working and training him so much more than I could ever imagined.

Veteran

I found my boy through word of mouth, but preloved and face book groups are good :-)

Schoolmaster

Sounds like there's hope then!

Had one reply so far from a 13 year old that's been riding for 3 months...................I think that they may eat her alive, quite literally in Tiger's case!!