Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Stabled in the rain?

Mine has been in for two days. We are on clay, and on a flood plain...so when it rains, we get WET! (yes, yes, i know that's sort of stating the obvious! Lol)

My boy quite enjoys his duvet days, so I don't see the point of him standing miserable in the muddy gateway.

It's not the rain coming down I keep him in from, it's the ground I worry about...don't want him pullingnanything, getting mudfeber, amd I'd rather keep him in amd let it dry and have nicer fields, than keep out for the sake of it and have them wreck the surface.

I brought Bella in tonight but only because I felt a little bit guilty for her being out for the last two nights.

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon

I've toughed it out and left mine out so far, BUT tonight I wimped out and brought them both in for the night.

They were both as miserable as sin standing out in the rain (with rugs on!!!) and looked like adverts for an RSPCA campaign, bless them.

The field is like a swamp as well, so another good reason to bring them in.

Back from the rescue mission they where so happy to come in its ghastly here.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post
    Back from the rescue mission they where so happy to come in its ghastly here.
    I'm glad!! I'll tell the search and rescue people to stand down!
    Proud owner of Nymmie and Cash

R.I.P Shelly... Horse of a lifetime, gone but never forgotten