Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Default Re: Surprise pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by Wagtail View Post
    How frustrating! All I can say is that it DOES happen very quickly when it happens. I remember texting my sister on the morning the mare gave birth saying I was peed off waiting and that she was looking less likely to give birth right now than she had two weeks ago. Then around 3 pm he started licking her sides and squealing and grunting in annoyance. Walking around and swishing her tail. She gave birth at 4.50 that afternoon. I hope you don't have to wait much longer! I also have to say that we were able to taste some milk that morning and it was as sweet as can be. We were only able to taste it because it was dripping from her (had been for 3 days). She wouldn't let us milk her.
    I hope I don't have to wait much longer either it really is so frustrating and worrying! I just hope that we will be there for her if she needs help.

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee_ View Post
    Don't take your eyes off her!! My mare waited for a nice day as the week she looked like she was going to drop was miserable and cold. As soon as the temp went up one day she popped at 10.20 that night!! I think they do wait for the good weather! which is unfair as its due to be miserable now for a little while!

Fingers, toes, arms, legs crossed she doesnt keep you waiting much longer... I know the feeling!!
    I have just about everything crossed that can be crossed Lol, I am hoping maybe in the next couple of days as the weather is supposed to warm up and quit being so bloody wet she will decide that it's time to let it out!

Quote Originally Posted by domane View Post
    Oh GOSH! I am bursting with excitement to see what she has! Can't you tell her we're all waiting impatiently???
    I tell her every day to just go ahead and push the little squirtlet out but she pays me as much attention as a naughty 2 year old! lol

Quote Originally Posted by laurapru View Post
    She is a beautiful looking mare, so whatever you end up with it is going to be lovely.
    I am really excited for you, I hope to put my mare in foal this spring but I think the waiting will drive me nuts.
    I hope bambino arrives soon, look forward to seeing pics.
    Take Care

Laura
    I will be posting soooo many pics when he/she finally does arrive, she really is a beautiful mare and supposedly the sire is a traditional Gypsy vanner cob so here's hoping we get a lovely piebald with loads of feather But as long as the little one is healthy and my mare is ok I will be happy.

Veteran

Any news? been watching this thread,can't wait to see your freebie!

Anything???!!! You have gone quiet so am I guessing that you have a baby to occupy your time? Dam it this is making me broody!!!

Yearling

Is there a club we can join?! Just found out Daphne is preggers again! She's due in June sometime! Dreading it to be honest - i've had her for 20 months and she's been in foal for 18 months of that! Good luck with your foaly - hope all goes well and she/he appears soon!

Any news yet ?

Old nag

anything at all?

Incredibly Grateful for the Signature Courtesy of Blackcob

Proud Member of "Our Horses and Ponies have Forever Homes" Clique
    https://www.justgiving.com/teams/withoutasaddle

Sorry for keeping you guys in suspense working 12 hour shifts plays havoc with my body clock Still NOTHING! how much longer can she drag this out? I am starting to wonder if the vet actually had a hold of a leg at all! lol, she is soo huge I don't honestly see how she is able to walk! she has bagged up so much milk veins are popping out and her vulva is as relaxed as it could be but yet still no baby! I thought she was going to have the little one on Tuesday night he/she was kicking her so hard her whole body was moving and she looked like she was contracting but still NOTHING! I am so tired with worry and lack of sleep. Wonder if caster oil works for horses? lol (joking)

Oh how frustrating for you! It really does wear you down. Does she allow you to touch her udder at all? Do you have any recent photographs of her udder and vulva? Our mare here seemed to have a relaxed vulva for weeks. She also started waxing up three weeks before she was due! So we were expecting her to give birth virtually every day for that three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagtail View Post
    Oh how frustrating for you! It really does wear you down. Does she allow you to touch her udder at all? Do you have any recent photographs of her udder and vulva? Our mare here seemed to have a relaxed vulva for weeks. She also started waxing up three weeks before she was due! So we were expecting her to give birth virtually every day for that three weeks.
    I will get some more pictures of of her today, she doesn't really like you to touch her udder much at all, but I will try again today see if I can get any milk and have a taste. I am so frustrated, I have yet to even see any wax. Well hopefully she will have it this weekend as the weather is supposed to be a bit nicer than it has been (fingers crossed) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keavy View Post
    she is soo huge I don't honestly see how she is able to walk! she has bagged up so much milk veins are popping out
    Twins ??!!

I don't mean that.

Fingers crossed for you - I'm really enjoying following this thread and looking forward to photos

(Formerly Smallscot)