Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Schoolmaster

Default Re: Dressage report with pics and a vid

As soon as I saw your pics and video I though he looked exactly like a chestnut version of Boston.

He couldn't canter to save his life when we got him and is now competing Elementary, will do some Mediums later this summer, flying changes almost established and is off to the Winter Champs at Hartpury for 2 classes this week. Judges now comment on how amazing his canter is!

So keep up the good work and don't think there's a limit to what you might achieve with him.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JLav View Post
    As soon as I saw your pics and video I though he looked exactly like a chestnut version of Boston.

He couldn't canter to save his life when we got him and is now competing Elementary, will do some Mediums later this summer, flying changes almost established and is off to the Winter Champs at Hartpury for 2 classes this week. Judges now comment on how amazing his canter is!

So keep up the good work and don't think there's a limit to what you might achieve with him.
    Thanks - Its great to see a 'big' horse like Willie doing so very well - I think I'll be the factor to hold us back, not Willie, plus we dont have transport so we're restricted to a single (low level, unaffiliated) competition venue within hacking distance - BUT - you have inspired me, and hopefully Willie will be with me for some time (I only loan him at the moment, I'd love to buy, but just cant afford that lump sum at the moment) - and assuming I have him for some time to come, I hope I can get up to the levels you have Boston, maybe if i could win the lottery I can buy him and a lorry - keep your fingers crossed!!

Awww lovely, love his gingerness and long white stockings (which are very clean by the way ).

Well done Will!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bananas_22 View Post
    Awww lovely, love his gingerness and long white stockings (which are very clean by the way ).

Well done Will!
    Thank you!!

haha! actually he has very yellow knees! - I was at the Tower Farm sale on Saturday and the Carr, Day & Martin rep said to use their 'Stain Master' spray - it has a money back guarantee...I've phoned them today to get my money back...

For some reason this looks very posed - its not honest (I would have breathed in if it was - looking a bit tubby in these photos, may be laying off the danish pastry for breakfast this morning!) - Just to show his yellow knees!

Last edited by Hedwards; 16-04-12 at 09:30 AM.

Veteran

How cute is he - for such a large horse!! Sounds like you'll go from strength to strength now, so well done!

Lovely pictures.