Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon

Question Skaigh Stables, Okehampton: are they still going?

As title really.

The website is not accessable.

So, anyone know?

The place was run by a Ms Rosemary Hooley, don't know if she still does so though.

Oh gosh it will be awful if that place has closed down, it was just legendary really.

Any info welcome. PM me if prefer.
    Last edited by MiJodsR2BlinkinTite; 02-04-12 at 09:58 PM.

Default Re: Skaigh Stables, Okehampton: are they still going?

nope horses sold, land sold/being sold house remains rosemary has been very poorly.

yes it closed this year, but really rosemary was very ill last year, had a very bad accident and at her age it was one hell of a job for her to keep going.
    There is sorrow enough in the natural way, From men and women to fill our day;But when we are certain of sorrow in store Why do we always arrange for more? Brothers and sisters I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear. Rudyard Kipling
    RIP Bosworth my gorgeous boy xxxxxx

Oh no! I've been meaning to get in touch again - my mare was bred there and wanted to find out about her dam's damline, just in case I ever decide to breed from her. Would have loved a pic of "mum" too, as have ones of sire and maternal grandsire. Poor Rosemary. I hope she is able to enjoy her retirement.
    vhf

OMG! Poor Rosemary, I'm devastated. I bought my boy from her a few years ago; basically I had him on winter loan from her trekking centre and to cut a long story short ended up in keeping the blighter!!!

Bless her, she's a love, and a real character. You could chatter away to her for hours and she was incredibly knowledgeable. And had/has a fantastic eye for a good horse too.

This is such a shame, aw bless her, she must be missing all her horses.

Veteran

VHF maybe i can help. I worked for Rosemary for a few years and know her quite well. Who is your Mare? I might know the dam. I bought a youngster from Rosemary aswell.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MiJodsR2BlinkinTite View Post
    OMG! Poor Rosemary, I'm devastated. I bought my boy from her a few years ago; basically I had him on winter loan from her trekking centre and to cut a long story short ended up in keeping the blighter!!!

Bless her, she's a love, and a real character. You could chatter away to her for hours and she was incredibly knowledgeable. And had/has a fantastic eye for a good horse too.

This is such a shame, aw bless her, she must be missing all her horses.
    Just out of interest who is your Boy?

Piebald traddie cob: name Bonzo (tho' "jhoward" calls him 'Bonkers'!!!). He's doing well, does a bit of TREC these days and came 2nd in the Horse Agility at Bicton in Feb. So if you do see Rosemary do let her know how her boy's doing.

Veteran

Oh my i know Bonzo very well. Small world he did some bizar things when he was at Rosemary's. like climbing um and over the bank and jumping down off the wall onto the concrete yard as he wasnt allowed in to the yard through the gate like the others that day so he thought he would try and find his own way into the yard. lol

For some reason i knew you were going to say Bonzo, I dont know why but just had a feeling

That would be terrific, thank you. Josephine, foaled 2002 out of Lauren, who I believe was a chestnut TBxID. Josie had at least one younger brother. I always imagine the baby Josie being a gentle thing who never caused anyone any grief, it would be funny if you know otherwise. She's a cracking little mare, but I wish she was an inch bigger! If you have contact details for Rosemary, I was planning on sending her some photos of J in action - she sold her to a producer as a 4yo so never saw her under saddle. Many thanks!!
    vhf