Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Farriers and vets in Norfolk

I'm moving my horse from Kent to Norfolk in the next couple of weeks and need to find a good farrier and vet. I was thinking of going with Westover vets as I've heard good things about them but am open to suggestions. Also I have no idea about farriers but want someone who knows what they're doing. Any ideas?

Thanks

Schoolmaster

Default Re: Farriers and vets in Norfolk

Depends where you moving to in Norfolk. I have farrier Rob Reeve, hes from Kings Lynn area but does travel a fair distance. He is fab fab fab fab farrier very popular locally. He's on facebook, i dont have his number because he has contact with our YM. You may find him in yellow pages or by googling

Vets i use one just into cambs Isle vets, Ely. I have only had them out for jabs but always very good from other horsey owners. There is another vets near Fakenham, cant think of their nam but i'm told they are good too.

Jonathan Cane (farrier) is good. He's from Hingham but comes to us south of Norwich (and further). Re vets, my friends use either Westover or Chapelfield and I've heard bad and good of each - luck of the draw it seems to me!

Just backed

Obviously depends whereabouts in Norfolk you are, but I use Uplands Way Vets who are based in Diss and who I think are brilliant. They also have a branch in Attleborough. Farrier wise, our yard has just swapped to Stephen Davies. I haven't had him for my two yet, but other people on the yard who have had their horses done have all thought he has done a really good job

Sport horse

Jon cane is a brilliant farrier (does my horse n south norfolk). Knotts yard vets are good as are westover

I'm in the centre of Norwich, vets -westover are fantastic!
    Farrier - Ian Marjoram is who I'm with, does a good job every time and is great with horses would 100% recommend these - as would most people I know hope this helps.

Schoolmaster

Again depends where in Norfolk you are moving to for vets you cannt get better than Hans, Norfolk Equine Vets, he has everything mobile, from xrays, ECG, scopes etc etc you get a diagnosis on the day very reasonable rates compared to the "big" companies, and referals straight to Rossdales no messing or running up your insurance. He is cheaper than the big vets on normal charges than they are on their freezone day, and his expertise is second to none.

My farrier is Brendon Murray the British Team farrier however he only takes clients on recommondation from an existing client.
    What the horse does under compulsion...is done without understanding...and there is no beauty in it. - Xenophon

Even the greenest horse has something to teach the wisest rider.

Thanks all. I'll be based in Attleborough.

gingerthing would you be able to pm me Jon's number?

Schoolmaster

Another vote for Jon Cane here - my farrier at home (London) who I trust with my horses' life even complimented Jon's work - he's very good! I also use Knotts Yard - have had Pippa and Marcus and both have been great.

Sport horse

I've pmd you Jons number