Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just backed

Default Livery yards with off road hacking LE12 area

Hi guys

I'm looking at moving to the LE12 area, does anyone know of any yards that offer full or part livery with excellent off road hacking? My boy is not confident with traffic so looking for completely off road or very quiet lanes.
    Only other criteria is a floodlit school.

I've been on Google and found the websites for Aylesford, Field Farm, Lovrin but wondered if there were any others.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Livery yards with off road hacking LE12 area

I'm from Leics, what part of the county is LE12?
    Memo

Home farm East Leake has excellent hacking, Riseholme nearly opposite has similar hacking.
    Caspian (kennels) livery at West leake again has great hacking.
    Erm....Bowleys farm, at Normanton On Soar and Highthorn farm at Gotham, probably, the best hacking of all.

All are good yards with decent facilities, schools etc.

Just backed

I'm looking around the Wymeswold area but I'm flexible.

horserider - Thanks for your reply, I've found the phone number for Riseholme but have you got contact details for the others you suggested please?

Quote Originally Posted by Laroxes View Post
    I'm looking around the Wymeswold area but I'm flexible.

horserider - Thanks for your reply, I've found the phone number for Riseholme but have you got contact details for the others you suggested please?
    Will pm you. Also, if you want excellent facilities and staff, look at the Vale View website, its at Old Dalby, not so far from Wymeswold.

Will PM you

Sport horse

there's a yard in wymsewold, field farm equestrian or something like that, it's a comp yard. not sure of hacking though but i found it on the net aaages ago!

There's also a yard that used to be known as barrow view, they have an indoor, an outdoor and a xc course - whether or not you can still ride on the xc course i don't know but it's a nice place!
    That's on the road leading out of Barrow upon soar towards Melton at the top of the hill over looking Barrow. It can get a bit busy on that road but there is plenty of hacking off that road and you can go for miles.

I think you will struggle to find a yard with loads of off road hacking tbh in that area, or i'd know about it and would have liveried there at some point lol

There is a yard in asfordby, it is a riding school as well as a livery but the roads round there are SO quiet with amazing hacking and from what i remember it's a nice yard too with plenty of turn out.

You're betteroff going the other side of the A46 if you can, the hacking is much better

As horserider says Vale View in Old Dalby is superb if you can afford it!, but I think there's little or no turnout in winter

Sport horse

Home Farm - LE12 5QN

It has access to a fiar bit of off-road hacking on the Prestwold Estate just south of the farm.

This place might be worth a look, http://www.lovrin.co.uk/Riding%20Facilities.html.
    Don't know it personally, but looks like a possibility.