Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sport horse

Default Help how does BS(bsja)work?

Ive just joined BS,im confused on how it works.I dont wat to go higher than discovery but was going to start with british novice and mainly do that height.can i just stay at that height?if i get placed do i have to go up a height/level?how do you qualify for things?can i do british novice more than once?can anyone explain to me how it all works.Do i pre enter?
    thanks

Default Re: Help how does BS(bsja)work?

You can jump in BN classes until you have won the money that takes you out, not sure of current limits but check your rule book, you will then not be able to jump in those classes again but by then you should be doing the next level anyway. There are also opens that will have no restrictions to winnings so you can stay at a lower height if you need to.
    You really need to go through your rule book for details on how to qualify as different classes will have different criteria, often you need to jump several double clears to go to the next round.
    You can usually enter on the day, but check with the venue as they may limit numbers in the early classes if they are very busy.

Sport horse

Thankyou ive been looking through the rule book but it seems complicated!

Veteran

Rule book really is your friend! I would just really study it It's a bit complicated to start with but once you've been to a few you'll get to understand it!

Sorry I'm no help really, I only know about juniors! xx

Prize money is calculated in Actual and Notional amounts. It is the Notional amount that dictates what classes you 'outgrow' For British Novice it is 99 and Discovery it is 175. Once you have won these Notional amounts you can no longer compete in these classes. However, there are opens at differing heights which you can enter and also Amateur classes at British Novice and Discovery heights that you can still enter if you don't want to go on to Newcomers. Hope this helps.

Sport horse

the rule book seems to suggest that you have to do 4 double clears at british novice between may 1st and april 31st.if i dont do 4 double clears by april what happens then?do i just keep going in british novice until i do?and if i do manage 4 clears before april then what happens?do i go in discovery classes then?so confused

The double clears to which you refer applies to qualifying for the 2nd round of the British Novice competition. You can jump as many double clears as you can in BN classes and still stay in BN. That won't put you out. It is only the money that will.

The 4 DC in BN will qualify you for the second round if they are within the dates, if you do not get them you do not have to move on, unless you either win too much money or want to anyway, you can continue to try and get the DCs for the following year. Once you get the 4 DCs you will be informed and can go to the second round from which the highest placed will go to the final.
    You can jump in the Disco classes whenever you feel ready, use the BN as a warm up then do a Disco.
    You will soon get the hang of it and dont be afraid to ask when you are at a show, most people are happy to help.

Sport horse

oh ok.so when would i do the 2nd round?the first competition im doing is a single phase?from what i understand that means first half of the course untimed and reguardless of whether clear or not carry on to the 2nd half of course which is higher and timed?is the 2nd half of the course classed as the 2nd round or is that a seperate bit?do i do that bit at the same competition?sorry for all the questions.

Sport horse

thankyou very helpful.so i can have a go at a discovery class even if i havent qualified?