Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bomber Happy Tongue Bit?

My quest for the perfect bit continues. From bits I have tried, I now understand that it is tongue pressure that he HATES!

Just been onto very helpful lady from yet ANOTHER bit bank! She suggested Bomber Happy Tongue bit. Apparantly they have been flying off the shelves, and her own horse, who sounds much more sensitive than mine apparantly tanks off at the suggestion of tongue pressure, and he happily goes in one.

Anyone tried one? Have ordered it on trial, so am fingers crossed.

Default Re: Bomber Happy Tongue Bit?

Anyone???!!!

Old nag

Similar to the Sprenger correctional bit:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HS-Sprenge...item3f1220ac7f

They only work on the bars of the mouth, so either will work or won't

I generally prefer more "feel" from a broken mouthpiece so would choose a CS tongue saver, RS dynamic or NS verbindend

If he hates tounge pressure then anything with a joint is a no-no.
    Try something with a straight bar or ported mouthpiece, happy mouth or similar.
    Or try bitless

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Cots View Post
    Similar to the Sprenger correctional bit:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HS-Sprenge...item3f1220ac7f

They only work on the bars of the mouth, so either will work or won't

I generally prefer more "feel" from a broken mouthpiece so would choose a CS tongue saver, RS dynamic or NS verbindend
    Exactly this! Our (large, sensitive tongued mares) are very happy in their CS tongue saver baucher and NS verbindend.

Unfortunately he doesn't like anything with tongue pressure - therefore all the lozenge bits are a no-no as he has told me quite firmly. Equally, anything jointed. Our last trial was a NS baucher trans angled lozenge.

Am only hiring the bomber happy tongue, but fingers crossed.

Veteran

The trans doesn't give much tongue relief. The lozenge doesn't need to cause tongue pressure, it needs to be angled correctly and with shaped bars to avoid this, hence the suggestions above! Prob with a solid bit is that if it isn't just the right shape for your horses tongue and mouth then it will just be exerting pressure all the time anyway.

Old nag

Curious here, I am not a bitting geek so am not qualified to make a suggestion other than does he have to wear a bit at all?

Having looked at the Bombers (not having heard of them before) apart from the snazzy colour I don't actually see very much difference in them to a myriad of other designs. What is it that makes them so different?

Good Luck.

I have no doubt he will let me know if there is a problem!!! Shall look into verbindend/tongue saver.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfys View Post
    Curious here, I am not a bitting geek so am not qualified to make a suggestion other than does he have to wear a bit at all?

Having looked at the Bombers (not having heard of them before) apart from the snazzy colour I don't actually see very much difference in them to a myriad of other designs. What is it that makes them so different?

Good Luck.
    The blue does wear off!!! They are supposed to be shaped for horses that dislike tongue pressure - whether they work or not remains to be seen!