Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just backed

Default joint supplements please help

i'm really confused as to what sort of joint supplement i might give my tb. i've been researching and there is so much choice for this and that. my tb has started to show signs of stiff hocks and the vet said he was 3/10ths lame but had improved after a couple of weeks and had been on bute for a week. he reckens it could be the start of arthritus but wont know for sure until x-rayed.

does anybody have any recommendations to help him move a bit looser in the joint? my tb is only 13 but is an ex-racer so am concerned about his legs. i already add glucosomine to feed but dont think it has helped in anyway. thanks

Default Re: joint supplements please help

I would strongly recommend maxivita maxaflex. My mare as well as my friends gelding has totally transformed since using it. Their hocks are so much freer

Just backed

i had looked at this stuff as i liked the idea of anitinflamatory and glm supplement. stuff had good reviews and didnt think it was that expensive tbh

Veteran

Got my six year old mare on reflex ha Janet George uses it so good enough for my mare, never been lame since on it old hock injury from when in Ireland.

Veteran

I swear by Suppleaze gold, its never yet failed to make a considerable improvement to any horse i've used it with and they often have offers on so it works out quite reasonable too.

I have 7 on Flexijoint including the dog, we have 100% success rater.

here is a list of joint supplements

http://equinecare-and-control.weebly.com/j.html

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    I have 7 on Flexijoint including the dog, we have 100% success rater.

here is a list of joint supplements

http://equinecare-and-control.weebly.com/j.html
    I also have my pony and dog on Equimins Flexijoint - excellent results and nowhere near as expensive as Cortaflex or the like. Also they give you a money back guarantee

Sport horse

Quote Originally Posted by maggiesmum View Post
    I swear by Suppleaze gold, its never yet failed to make a considerable improvement to any horse i've used it with and they often have offers on so it works out quite reasonable too.
    another vote for suppleaze gold

Schoolmaster

Mine's on equine America Glucosamine.

Quote Originally Posted by dalidaydream View Post
    I also have my pony and dog on Equimins Flexijoint - excellent results and nowhere near as expensive as Cortaflex or the like. Also they give you a money back guarantee
    I'm on Flexijoint for an achey hip, and my TB stopped dragging his back toes after a few days on it. Used their products for years. Good quality at reasonable prices, can't beat Equimins