Default SEIS insurance, barge pole or not?

I received my quote back from Kerry Andrews and they recommend SEIS as being the cheapest for my TB. Are they cheap for a reason? Barge pole or not?

Veteran

Default Re: SEIS insurance, barge pole or not?

never heard of them, sorry.

Veteran

As in Scottish Equestrian? They are underwritten by Petplan. Same office, same claim adjusters, pretty much same policy - they just "Scottish Equestrian" when they pick up the phone instead of "Petplan"!

Or do you mean SEIB? If so they're supposed to be quite good.
    Life is a lot easier if you plough around the stumps.. - Old cowboy wisdom.

I insured my horse through Julie Andrews and its with Scottish Equestrian (SEIS). So far they have been great and I'm currently going through a claim with them and everything is going smoothly. I highly recommend them.
    Quite a few at the yard I'm on are insured through them and again have not had any problems. Paid out everytime and quickly too.

Lie face down in the mud in your most expensive riding clothes and repeat to yourself: This is a learning experience, this is a learning experience

Do you mean Scottish equestrian? I used them, and they were excellent. Paid out on two claims no problems with them.

It's Scottish Equestrian Insurance Services. I've seen ads for them before but didn't know of anyone who actually used them as everyone is with NFU around me.
    I didn't know they were "Petplan" but the policy is better with SEIS than what I read for PP!

Scottish Equestrian have been round for years - not sure who they're underwritten with. I wasn't aware of a connection with Petplan but then I don't know an awful lot about them to be honest. However, Kerry Andrews is a good broker - Julie Andrews is her mother (i think I've got that right!!)
    Wine is made to be drunk. I am drunk, therefore am I wine?

Old nag

Yes they are petplan, just a more basic policy. I got a good qupte from them when I changed from NFU recently but the vets fees werent as good as KBIS for a similar price, so I went with KBIS. I insure my tack too and if I remember right that wasnt as high either. Have you tried KBIS, I was suprised at the quote.