Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Default Azoturia, equiwinner has anyone used ?

    Has anyone used Equiwinner on a horse that gets azoturia or any other supplement.OH's hunter had an attack yesterday It's on 100 per cent forage based diet and was getting electrolytes daily, any ideas ?

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,888

    Default Re: Azoturia, equiwinner has anyone used ?

    Do you mean the Equiwinner patches? We used them on a chronic bleeder and they seem to have helped but we have not as yet given him a hard piece of work so that will be the real telling. Have heard great reports on them though. They are cheapest to buy direct from the states.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Azoturia, equiwinner has anyone used ?

    Hi i used to have a tb eventer who tied up and i put him on selenavite E it seemed to do the job as he never had another attack

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Azoturia, equiwinner has anyone used ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post
    Has anyone used Equiwinner on a horse that gets azoturia or any other supplement.OH's hunter had an attack yesterday It's on 100 per cent forage based diet and was getting electrolytes daily, any ideas ?
    Yes, I know of someone and yes it worked

  5. #5
    Foal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Azoturia, equiwinner has anyone used ?

    Yes, I have used these patches for quite a few years. They seem to work like magic on any tying up. You have to remeber to change the patch daily for ten days, but then there is no worry about tying up for a year or longer. Incidently I get them straight from the manufacturer in Wales and a box is 50 something pounds.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Azoturia, equiwinner has anyone used ?

    thanks everyone, I will give these a try ,the curious thing about this horse is that he sweats very very little vet was here this am we had to tube him as he is not drinking only one quarters muscles seem to be affected but he is moving and rolling in his stable happily.
    bloods done last night where off the scale and vet says she has never seen a horse with results like that moving around like he is she has taken more blood this am to try and work out what's going on.
    Any insight appreciated.

  7. #7
    Old nag
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,981

    Default Re: Azoturia, equiwinner has anyone used ?

    Pseudoscientific gobbldygook.Just another way to rip off desperate horse owners.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,888

    Default Re: Azoturia, equiwinner has anyone used ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post
    thanks everyone, I will give these a try ,the curious thing about this horse is that he sweats very very little vet was here this am we had to tube him as he is not drinking only one quarters muscles seem to be affected but he is moving and rolling in his stable happily.
    bloods done last night where off the scale and vet says she has never seen a horse with results like that moving around like he is she has taken more blood this am to try and work out what's going on.
    Any insight appreciated.
    Have you tested for Kidney function? If you are on a high forage diet then get the forage tested asap. You need a full analysis for mineral break down, ph, ndf,adf, nitrates, Ammonia, dmd, crude protein, soluble protein etc.

    As for the Equiwinner being psuedoscientific gobbledegook....the science might not stand up to scrutiny but if they work they work!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Azoturia, equiwinner has anyone used ?

    Sounds like my mare OP. Most important thing with her is warmth, and a good warm up and cool down. At least 10 mins if walking before and after wirk

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    welsh hills!
    Posts
    2,430

    Default Re: Azoturia, equiwinner has anyone used ?

    Quote Originally Posted by amage View Post
    Have you tested for Kidney function? If you are on a high forage diet then get the forage tested asap. You need a full analysis for mineral break down, ph, ndf,adf, nitrates, Ammonia, dmd, crude protein, soluble protein etc.

    As for the Equiwinner being psuedoscientific gobbledegook....the science might not stand up to scrutiny but if they work they work!
    well,it worksfor bleedingnoses----brilliant stuff.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Find Horses For Sale