Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast
    Youngster

Default Re: crazy crazy driver!! What will the police do??

Quote Originally Posted by Tired View Post
    Yes, the driver was found guilty. I never disputed that fact. I only pointed out that the OP is a lie.
    You seem to be picking on the fact that the OP apparently is lying though, but writing as if you believe the driver has told the full truth and nothing but it. Surely it is more a case of there are three sides to every story, the people involved versions and the truth.
    The OP wrote around 100mph, but as another poster suggested, when you're in a situation like that, 70mph could seem like 100mph and 20seconds could seem like a lifetime. Clearly the court found something in the OP and the other people that were involved's statements to decide to find the driver guilty. I'm not saying that either side hasn't elaborated their own versions slightly, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that they're downright lying either.

As LaurenBay mentioned above "speeding and stopping to spin tyres is just stupid" and "there is nothing ok about that!". I fully agree with both of those statements (Sorry I can't multi-quote).

Who said he was speeding? We have no idea what speed he was doing. And last i checked, spinning ones wheels is not in fact, an offence, nor is accelerating harshly.

That aside, the motorist has been found guilty, once again, no-one has said he isn't, not has anyone said his actions were ok.
    if you wheelspin and use your vehicle to cause fear it IS a public order offence.

therwise everyone would be doing it

Yearling

0-100 in 6 seconds? In a TVR S2?

You're funny!

I have just seen the stuff that someone on piston heads has dug up on him though. He does appear to be a bit of a silly boy!

Old nag

I've just made a post in the arm signals thread, the OP did not signal, asking him to slow down. She made a signal to let him know that she was slowing down, according to the highway code. Nevertheless, the driver should have, and more than likely was, already starting to slow, when he seen the obstacle ahead, but i just think it's worth pointing out, that arm signal doesn't mean what a lot of people here seem to think it means.
    Ok the slow down signals, thats one part of it, and i agree that couldve been confusing, but why then berate and abuse the riders? Then to spin his cars wheels, im sorry, but the sole intent there was to spook the horses, which in turn puts the riders, horses and other road users at risk, a bad move by the driver, and inexcusable, no matter how peed off he was that he was asked to slow down.
    I am a driver, and have had my share of fast sporty cars, Ive also ridden for years both on and off road, i have also completed my BHS riding and road safety test, in the main to show i have undertaken to educate myself on how to act and react on the road, with other road users. the minute the car driver started verbally abusing the riders and doing wheelspins he was in the wrong, putting that whole mounted party at risk, a slam dunk case in my book

0-100 in 6 seconds? In a TVR S2?

You're funny!

I have just seen the stuff that someone on piston heads has dug up on him though. He does appear to be a bit of a silly boy!
    clearly I'm not that up on TVR's. a quick google tells me 8.3 seconds or thereabouts.

Pile of rubbish if you ask me, what's so quick about that? my family bus goes quicker than that.

Yearling

Quote Originally Posted by Calla View Post
    You seem to be picking on the fact that the OP apparently is lying though, but writing as if you believe the driver has told the full truth and nothing but it. Surely it is more a case of there are three sides to every story, the people involved versions and the truth.
    The OP wrote around 100mph, but as another poster suggested, when you're in a situation like that, 70mph could seem like 100mph and 20seconds could seem like a lifetime. Clearly the court found something in the OP and the other people that were involved's statements to decide to find the driver guilty. I'm not saying that either side hasn't elaborated their own versions slightly, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that they're downright lying either.

As LaurenBay mentioned above "speeding and stopping to spin tyres is just stupid" and "there is nothing ok about that!". I fully agree with both of those statements (Sorry I can't multi-quote).

I'm not sure what gave you that opinion, i can only assure you that is not the case. The OP is lying, though. Or mistaken, in which case, it's poor form to present that sort of evidence to a judge, if you're not sure, which clearly, the OP wasn't. I'm not 'sticking up' for the driver in any way, shape, or form.

Yearling

Quote Originally Posted by lucky-lady View Post
    clearly I'm not that up on TVR's. a quick google tells me 8.3 seconds or thereabouts.

Pile of rubbish if you ask me, what's so quick about that? my family bus goes quicker than that.

It's a classic car, was reasonably quick in it's day.

Still, can't be a bad family bus you have, 8.3's not that quick, but it's not slow either!

Yearling

Quote Originally Posted by marydoll View Post
    Ok the slow down signals, thats one part of it, and i agree that couldve been confusing, but why then berate and abuse the riders? Then to spin his cars wheels, im sorry, but the sole intent there was to spook the horses, which in turn puts the riders, horses and other road users at risk, a bad move by the driver, and inexcusable, no matter how peed off he was that he was asked to slow down.
    I am a driver, and have had my share of fast sporty cars, Ive also ridden for years both on and off road, i have also completed my BHS riding and road safety test, in the main to show i have undertaken to educate myself on how to act and react on the road, with other road users. the minute the car driver started verbally abusing the riders and doing wheelspins he was in the wrong, putting that whole mounted party at risk, a slam dunk case in my book

Can't argue with that. But if you read his version of events, the abuse started from atop the horses. I wasn't there, and neither were you, so we can't really comment on exactly what happened, we don't know.

Youngster

Or mistaken, in which case, it's poor form to present that sort of evidence to a judge, if you're not sure, which clearly, the OP wasn't.
    That's the thing though, unless you were in that court room then none of us know what evidence was presented to the judge.

Thanks for clearing up what type of TVR it was, I must've missed the post on it on the other forum whilst at work, I was wondering.

It's a classic car, was reasonably quick in it's day.

Still, can't be a bad family bus you have, 8.3's not that quick, but it's not slow either!
    7.5 secs.

de badged because it's funny making boy racers and bmw drivers faces drop when you pass them and make them eat your dust