Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast
    Sport horse

Default Re: crazy crazy driver!! We head to TRIAL!!

Hi all just thought i would write a little update on how things have progressed with the silly driver who thinks 100mph is acceptable down country lanes.. so he had a hearing last week at our local court where he decided he had done NOTHING wrong and pleaded not guilty.. sooo we head to court early next year to take the case to trial..

The police have been FAB i honestly can say i cannot fault them, they are really pushing this case and doing everything they possibly can to make sure this gentleman has to take responsibility for his actions..

Must admit when i heard was really thinking ohh god is it really worth all this hassle .. but then had a good think and thought next time might not have been so lucky for the next person he decided to drive past and abuse like this.. so fingers crossed all goes well and maybe a small piece of justice can be done!! :/)

Default Re: crazy crazy driver!! What will the police do??

Glad they are taking this seriously, what an idiot....
    [IMG]htt

Quote Originally Posted by wildcard View Post

Any similiar experiences/ incidents please share.. or if anyone know if this guy will get whats coming to him?? xxxx
    they will talk to him also they will make an entry mark against the license plate which will remain for the duration of him owning the car to many of these and they will go further.
    Need advice ? The useful place to go to read past advice given by H&H Members >http://horse-care-and-advice.weebly.com/

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by tori252 View Post
    I got pushed into a hedge once. luckily was on elderly tb and he was unfazed. gave description to ym he found him and knocked a few bells into him. not right but boy that guy never did it again and moved afterwards....
    Just what these spoilt little ponces require!
    I think driving is the closest they get to any exitement in thier empty pathetic lives. Most of them are scared of horses too, thats why they hate them and those of us that ride them.

Well done you for going for it!

Veteran

Good for you, I know that the thought of going to court is probably quite daunting but if he still thinks he has done nothing wrong then he will do it again. So glad that your mare didnt get upset, we hacked out our youngster from the age of 3 and a half and he was and is brilliant on the roads. I think some are born sensible and I am happy that the kids are safe as can get on the roads.

Veteran

To answer the original question, if you gave the police his reg # and there were 3 of you, the police ought to contact him and give him a caution. A man drove at me a few years ago. Because I was on my own, it was his word against mine, but our village policeman told him to behave around horses in future and warned him he could be prosecuted in future. The police really ought to come back to you, to confirm they spoke to the driver.

Sport horse

OP, you said you went out last night. - Please tell me that you didn't go hacking in the dark. This time of year I am using the lights on my car by about 4.00, and certainly wouldn't expect to see a horse on the road after that time.

Default Re: crazy crazy driver!! We head to TRIAL!!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
    Hi all just thought i would write a little update on how things have progressed with the silly driver who thinks 100mph is acceptable down country lanes.. so he had a hearing last week at our local court where he decided he had done NOTHING wrong and pleaded not guilty.. sooo we head to court early next year to take the case to trial..

The police have been FAB i honestly can say i cannot fault them, they are really pushing this case and doing everything they possibly can to make sure this gentleman has to take responsibility for his actions..

Must admit when i heard was really thinking ohh god is it really worth all this hassle .. but then had a good think and thought next time might not have been so lucky for the next person he decided to drive past and abuse like this.. so fingers crossed all goes well and maybe a small piece of justice can be done!! :/)
    I'm so glad the police are taking this seriously and are doing all they can!!

something simmilar happened to me quite a few years ago a motor cycle rider who had a passenger with no helmet on!!!!! came speeding down a narrow lane slammed on his breaks which squealed and spooked one of the most quiet horses that I knew and the Bike ended up hitting the horse. thankfully Bouncer was ok no serious injuries the Bike rider started screaming and shouting at us to control our horsers and it turned out the bike should not have been on the road as there was no tax on it. all this came about after we had phoned the police who were fab by the way
    the guy tried to plead not guilty to speeding and driving with undue care and attention..... he ended up pleading guilty as there were 5 statements from me and my fellow riders not to mention a statement from one of the people who live in the lane who had seen it all against his and the passengers

NIL ILLEGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM

Quote Originally Posted by susie2193 View Post
    OP, you said you went out last night. - Please tell me that you didn't go hacking in the dark. This time of year I am using the lights on my car by about 4.00, and certainly wouldn't expect to see a horse on the road after that time.
    The original post is from September, well before the clocks changed!