Sport horse Littlemissmoneypenny's Avatar

Default For all horse owners in the Chew Valley/South Bristol area - horse attacked

Just heard very shocking news through someone on facebook and thought the word needed spreading.

Yesterday someone's ex eventer in Stanton Drew had to be put down due to someone pouring acid down into his ears. And apparently another horse was attacked in the Pensford area earlier in the week.

A low, sick (words I'm forbidden to use on here) needs to be caught and hopefully no more horses will have to suffer. Please can everyone be extra aware and vigilant.

Thoughts with the owner who have lost their horse

Veteran

Default Re: For all horse owners in the Chew Valley/South Bristol area - horse attacked

How terrible.
    Totally sick person.

Hope they catch the person before anything else happens.

Sport horse

Default Re: For all horse owners in the Chew Valley/South Bristol area - horse attacked

OMG !!! my friend's ex eventer is in Stanton Drew.....

this is awful, I need to contact my friend to make sure her horse is okay and then I'll spread the word, how can I find this news on Facebook ??

Sport horse Littlemissmoneypenny's Avatar

It is horrible

I'm afraid it was just a status from someone one Facebook and thats all the info I have got. I keep my horse in the Chew Valley area and I wouldn't know what to do with myself if something happened to her! Just makes you feel sick!

I live in Pensford and was shocked to the core to hear about this. I have told as many people as I can and posted the information on Facebook too. I have also asked the Pensford Neighbourhood watch to send an email to all its members.

I just don't understand!!!!!!!

Im a horsewatch coordinator so have got an email containg some info, i will post it below.

Further to my recent Horse watch message regarding the two horses that were attacked in the Failand and Chew Valley area. After enquiries I can confirm the events happened in the Stanton Drew area not Chew Valley and Failand.I have spoken to the vet who examined the horses and they were clearly different methods of attack. The first horse appeared to have something corrosive poured into the ears but it can not be determined what it was and the second attack was with something hard like a mallet. Both horses have been put to sleep. There is nothing to say either owner was targeted which makes this a random attack. Hopefully no more horses will be hurt but make sure you are aware of anyone hanging around your stables or farms. Please report any strange vehicles to your local police and get the registration number from the vehicle.Thank you.

little fockers!

Poor, poor horses

Veteran

I'm only 10 miles or so from Chew Valley. It is times like this that I am so glad my boy is suspicious of strangers, even if they have a bucket. He will if cornered run through people he doesn't know.

Jane
    A good turn never goes unpunished!

A closed mouth gathers no feet.

I wish these people that do these thing were caught so we could string the barstewards up