Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Old nag

Default Premier Equine rugs?

Do PE rugs tend to be true to size, or come on the big/small size?

I'm looking at the 75g filling turnout as something for between a no fill and a 220g. Horse is usually a 6ft9 or 7ft (6ft9 in Fal-Pro, 7ft in Horseware) - whenever I've seen PE rugs on other horses, they always seem to be enormous and very deep so I'm wondering if I'm better going for the 6ft9. He is a 17hh IDxTB, fairly well built.

Cheers

Default Re: Premier Equine rugs?

Sorry no idea on sizes, but they still have their facebook voucher code offer of 25% off, running until 14th august. Enter code FB611 (make sure you use capitals for the letters)

They come up big I would say, my 16.3hh shire x takes 7'3" in their rugs and they are the only make that I would say fit him properley. Fantastic service too xx

Veteran

I think they come up big for my horses. I usually order a size smaller from PE for a half decent fit

Schoolmaster

I had a lightweight rug from them and wasn't overly impressed. It seems big but I normally have horsewear rugs. It leaked over night when it rained and the front velcro kept coming un done; I ended up selling it to a friend!! She has had no problems and it fitted her horse better. Another person the yard has all PE rugs and loved them so maybe just me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam100 View Post
    I had a lightweight rug from them and wasn't overly impressed. It seems big but I normally have horsewear rugs. It leaked over night when it rained and the front velcro kept coming un done; I ended up selling it to a friend!! She has had no problems and it fitted her horse better. Another person the yard has all PE rugs and loved them so maybe just me!!
    Good to know, there are very few true lightweight rugs that don't seem to leak or have condensation form, best I've found so far is the JHL lightweight, those with a filling seem to be better waterproofed for some reason.

Mark Todd would be a definite recommendation for a l/w turn out They never leak and my horses often wore theirs with under rugs over the heaviest rain in winter with no leaks!

I also have premier equine rugs including the 70g and i am pleased enough with it- It fits our youngster well he needs roomier rugs. It has got quite damaged though, unlike his other rugs which could of course be coincidence or the fact its the rug he wore most or it could be they tear easier!
    I'd buy again. I bought his normal size and it fits him perfectly- but with some rugs i need a size up as he is a chunkier sort
    Cotswolds- 15.2 TB part/full loan (to stay at current home) exp rider.

Sport horse

I had a 6.6 winter buster which I bought for my mare last yr, she is a IDxCob.

Lovely rug, nice depth, only downside I found was that came up & little short on the length, her bum would hang out of it at the back whenever she had her head down grazing Ended up selling it on in the end, am waiting for the sales to start to buy a larger replacement.

I would say it depends on. the build of your horse, I will be purchasing a 6.9 next time

Old nag

I'd probably go for either the actual size, or a size up for a turnout rug. The fly rugs etc are quite large because they seem to be cut on the same pattern for the outside of a turnout rug, if you understand me.
    S

I like them - I didn't at first as they seem to fit very deep and further up the neck than any other rugs I have tried. But I have a Buster lite - it's the only lightweight I've ever had which hasn't leaked - same can't be said for my Rambo one!