Schoolmaster

Default Tildren- how long to work?

I've been searching through old messages to try and find out when tildren worked for various people (if it did).
    some people say 50-60days- is this right?

Mine had steroid injections 10 weeks ago and tildren 3 weeks ago. she has now gone lame again (was sound 1 wk after steroids). I assume the steroids have worn off, but had hoped the tildren would have kicked in. so, is the tildren not working, or has it not started working!?

Schoolmaster

Default Re: Tildren- how long to work?

bump- anyone?

Schoolmaster

Default Re: Tildren- how long to work?

In a nutshell, I don't know .... my horse had it in February, following on from steroid injections in his hocks and coffin joints last year, and for a short while he felt fabulous. However I found out that Tildren has an analgesic effect in the days following treatment, which wears off over time - a couple of weeks I think. Only then can you tell if it really has taken effect.

I guess he did stablise for a few weeks, but I felt him gradually getting unlevel again and he had his hocks injected again in March. He's still not 100%, but I don't know whether he'd be even worse without the Tildren. TBH I think I'll be retiring him to grass fairly soon.

Sorry for the not very helpful reply ....