Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sport horse

Default Horse Physio Yorkshire

My instructor commented the other day that my horse didnt feel 'straight' and recommended i got his back checked. I thought it sensible to get it done before the start of the eventing season. Does anyone have anyone they would recommend? The horse is based in Leeds.
    Thanks Charlotte

Default Re: Horse Physio Yorkshire

Janet Ellis for me, she's based at Ledston but travels all over. There's another who's really good too, but I've forgotten her name!

I use Jill Firth who is based near wetherby, shes physio and mctimmony trained - always had very good results!

Just backed

I can recomend Vicky Spalding, I think she's based Leeds way, but she comes out.

Janet Barton based near Bradford, I think she will travel. First class physio has worked with horses from all disciplines. Husband and daughter showjumpers.

Old nag

Nicola Bagley based in Retford. Dont know if she travels that far, but seems good with my horses

Tim Jarman is a Mctimoney guy based in Spofforth - has clinics there every monday and does visits every other day - a great guy

Or Janet Ellis for Physio. IME both of these guys are very good, and have completely fixed our horses over the years, but they are both very popular so it may take some time getting an appointment, totally worth it though

We're in the south of yorkshire so Nicola Bagguley is closest to us, would def recommend her, she's very good, events herself. She travels, but charges expenses.
    In my opinion, a horse is the animal to have. Eleven-hundred pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat working as one - it's something you just can't get from a pet hamster...

I can recomend Vicky Spalding, I think she's based Leeds way, but she comes out.
    That's who I was thinking of!

Or Janet Ellis for Physio. IME both of these guys are very good, and have completely fixed our horses over the years, but they are both very popular so it may take some time getting an appointment,
    Or not! I left a message on her answerphone a couple of weeks ago - she texted me back an hour later to ask if she could come that afternoon!

Tim Jarman comes highly recommended but I haven't tried him myself. I use Jo Nicholson, who is a chiro and excellent, but am not sure if she'll travel as far as Leeds.