Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone used spragg saddlery

hello

has anyone used spragg saddlery there based in banstead .. Pm if u would rather

x

Schoolmaster

Default Re: Anyone used spragg saddlery

Yes, I have. Fitted a nice everyday saddle to my horse, no problems at all

thats good round about how much do they charge if i wanted him to have a look at my saddle maybe reflocking/ maybe second hand saddles

Sport horse

I would advise doing a search on here first there have been quite a few posts in the past !! I would recommend Helen from Bookham saddlery, fab and qualified

Schoolmaster

I purchased a brand new saddle for 750 as they had run out of all their brown Jumping saddles in the week I had him come over. All his secondhand saddles were around 450-600 from memory

There a good hour away from you, probs would cost you a fortune in call out!

i've used them for a couple of saddles. Great service, prompt and very reasonable. He didn't try to sell me one of his saddles (although I wanted one) because after trying all the different ones he had - nothing fitted. He told me what make and size he thought could do the job. I bought one on ebay - and with a complete reflock it fits perfectly and horse moving like a different creature. Vet very happy too. Can't remember what he charged but I'm not far from him and I was amazed how reasonable he was.

I have Richard out to check my saddle every 6 months, cost 30 last time he came out (no call out charge).

He's very good IMO.

After reading a few posts on here I checked the master saddlers' association website, and Richard Spragg is NOT on there...can't find his name under any of the listings. On his website it says he has been fully qualified for over 30 years, worried and confused now and will probably change saddlers :S (Apologies for hi jacking the thread.)

Tried Bookham saddlery when looking for my saddle but very unhappy with service, lack of stock etc rumour at the time she was going under. Recommended to use Spragg Saddlery by a number of friends and Richard was really good coming out with large choice of saddles and does not charge call out or fitting fee at all (probably the only saddle fitter in the south east to do so! Excellent!) I just paid the cost of the saddle. Check out their website for more info - very informative and professional.