Yearling

Default Livery yards near Kilmacolm, Renfrewshire

Hi I'm originally from Kilmacolm but have been working down south for a few years. I am now looking at having to move myself, my mare and my dog back to live with my parents short term (hopefully) and at possibly very short notice and so will need to find a suitable livery yard. I used to keep my old horse at slates which was lovely and im sure they'd have me back if i asked but im not sure if Lillian and Cyril are still doing full livery and my new horse is a bit of a princess and rather high maintenance. Needs to have individual turn out and be bedded on shavings. I need somewhere that will provide a full livery service, with a decent floodlit arena with a good surface.

Any suggestions? And does anyone know if anywhere has vacancies at the moment? I'm an equine vet so quite useful to have around!

Default Re: Livery yards near Kilmacolm, Renfrewshire

Jinny and Shantih land

http://www.janebadgerbooks.co.uk/pon...e2/page47.html

No useful suggestions, but lucky you!

OP. Hope you find a suitable livery yard. I was born and brought up in Kilmacolm so you have brought back memories. Information which I have would be well out of date now!

SussanaF - That was an interesting link. I learned to ride at Margarets Mill in the 60s, around the time Pat was there and I remember Kirsty well! When reading her books I would recognise some of the ponies kept there. Maybe I should go to ebay and see if I could buy old books to jog my memories and take me back to happy times!

I remember Pat shouting at me once when my pony took off down a hill causing others to follow and some fell off!

Can still remember my favourite ponies - Dinky, Prince, Princess, Silver.

The Chairman of Strathclyde BHS Region stays in Kilmacolm might be worth asking her what is available in the area

http://www.bhsscotland.org.uk/strathclyde.html
    From Horses for Life:
    The intention to harm need not be present for a horse to in fact, be harmed.
    Knottenbelt
    Do unto the horse as you would have done to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozinsusan View Post

SussanaF - That was an interesting link. I learned to ride at Margarets Mill in the 60s, around the time Pat was there and I remember Kirsty well! When reading her books I would recognise some of the ponies kept there. Maybe I should go to ebay and see if I could buy old books to jog my memories and take me back to happy times!

I remember Pat shouting at me once when my pony took off down a hill causing others to follow and some fell off!

Can still remember my favourite ponies - Dinky, Prince, Princess, Silver.
    Do read the books again (Jane at that link probably has copies for sale) they have really stood the test of time. I used to daydream about being up on the moors round there, Patricia wrote so beautifully about them. I did write to her a few years ago and she sent me a really lovely reply that I think I should keep in a safe

Yearling

Oh my gosh i loved those books! I'll need to have a rummage around and see if i can find them when i go home.

Yearling

Thanks Cuffey. I didnt realise Ann Kennedy held that position. I used to ride one of her ponies for a while when i was a teenager as my horse was injured.

Will soon have two brand new horse and two pony stables available at anexclusive private yard. Facilities include secure tack room, large feed room, heated toilet and shoer, kitchen facilities. We offer full livery and have an outdoor arena as well as fab hacking. Call me if interested 07748 907197

Susan