Just backed

Default Cloverhill bloodlines are they TB or ISH and how much?

Hi,

Wondering if irish horsey people could help me have seen a lovely mare for sale she is clover hill/cavalier royale bloodlines, it doesnt say what breed, would she be ISH or full TB?
    Also what price would you put on her to make 16hh 4 year old nice type broken riding nicely, I want her for BE eventually, do they normally make the grade, any advice greatly recieved!
    Not my normal type as normally go for warmbloods so a slight differance but she seems a nice type, just wanted some more info.

Thank you

Default Re: Cloverhill bloodlines are they TB or ISH and how much?

Clover Hill was a lovely ID jumping stallion, and Cavalier Royale was a Holstein that was sent to Ireland to add quality to the ISH. Its a lovely line. I have a gelding with this line, and he is ISH blue passported. Go see! Bet its lovely! Mine has a wonderful big jump, and lovely paces.

Edited to say, I bought our gelding aged 4 for 3k. He has been worth every penny, and would have evented affiliated this year (aged 6) if I hadn't injured myself! He was quite slow maturing though!
    Last edited by Honey08; 08-11-10 at 04:23 PM.

Old nag

Cloverhill died in 1997, so is probably the horse great or great great grandsire - you probably want to look at who its by to get an idea on what the horse is like. Cavalier Royale is a very popular sire of eventers.
    Note: This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.ph...annermaker.com

Veteran

You'll be looking at spending 3.5k plus for something nicely put together with a good temp that moves well with those bloodlines, possibly more. Good irish horses have kept their value and if she were below this I would ask some serious questions!

Just backed

Take it she is ISH then, she looks lovely and by the sounds of it the bloodlines are lovely too, have arranged to view her cant wait now, if she's as good as she sounds
    Thank you for all the info.
    Has anyone had much success eventing/SJ/Dressage affiliated with them, also what are they like temperment wise. I understand every horse is different but sometimes horse have bloodline characteristics.

Old nag

Cloverhill - was a very famous showjumping stallion and "broadly" speaking, his showjumping abilities do tend to come through. Interestingly, CH probably had a bit of warmblood in him as well though registered as pure ID. His line will be at least as a grandsire. Cavalier - warmblood, tend to actually look quite TB, good jumpers. One thing that the CH line often does is produce stock with very large ears which I think is very endearing - my old CH mare had almost donkey ears. No real definate character traits whereas King of Diamond lines are supposed to be a little more quirky - although I have had 3 with KOD and CH lines and didn't find that to be the case. If she is backed, riding away calmly and with those lines, you may well find yourself paying a bit more than 3.5K though.

My friend has a Cloverhill boy and he is gorgeous. He has a lovely gentle temperment but still has fire in his belly when he feels the need, he is mischievous but kind and always looks after me when I occasionally ride him. He is a big boy and events very well

Veteran

We had a horse by White Clover (sire Clover Hill) who was a genuine horse who tried her best at everything.

is it a 4 year old bay mare off donedeal?
    If its the one i saw, she is very nice
    and yes, ISH

Hi, I have a mare who's grandsire is Clover hill. Take a look at www.hawthorn-equestrian.co.uk and under the 'my horses' page. She is called Midsomer Clover or Tilly. Some pics and video's on there. Would defo recommend!

Oh and I paid 4k for her 5 years ago!!