Default Arthritus in horses

Just thinking about my boy he is nearly 17 and has got swelling around his hind fetlocks that goes down with work. He is also very stiff behind, and not particularly flexible with his back legs. He has also had lymphanjitus (sp) in the past in his back legs.
    This has got gradually worse over the last 6 monthes. Is this likely to be arthritus or am I being paranoid?
    Thankies

*thanks to Ninja Noodle for the sig*
    Member of the 'Yes it is an Arab and yes I intend to jump it and no I am not mad' clique.
    'Be yourself and say how you feel, the people that matter don't mind and the people that mind don't matter'

Default Re: Arthritus in horses

Sounds like my boy, hes got arthritis in both back legs (amongst others!)

Just backed

I agree, it sounds about right with his age and symptoms. Does he get anything for it? Like glucosamine?

It could be, a joint supplement may help, at his age I would give him one anyway just to help a bit

Thankies peeps,
    Well, he gets Cortaflex, and that seems to help, I dread to think what he'd be like without it! Hopefully should be able to post a vid of him in and then peeps can see it rather than my bad description!

*thanks to Ninja Noodle for the sig*
    Member of the 'Yes it is an Arab and yes I intend to jump it and no I am not mad' clique.
    'Be yourself and say how you feel, the people that matter don't mind and the people that mind don't matter'