Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just backed

Default Livery prices in Bucks???

Hi all

We are thinking of moving to Buckinghamshire. Somewhere semi rural between Aylesbury and Bicester. I was just wondering if anyone knew how much we should expect to pay for livery? I am interested in DIY, 5 day full livery and 7 day full livery....as not quite sure how local we will find work.

Also any yards you recommend?

Old nag

Default Re: Livery prices in Bucks???

I used to live near Aylesbury (but just into Hertfordshire) and I paid 48 per month DIY. Before that a different yard was 40 per week for working livery or 65 per week for part livery. The posh yard near us offered full livery at approx 190 per week depending on exactly what you wanted.

This week's song lyric: 'Return of the fly, return of the fly, with Vincent Price, yeah, return of the fly'

Schoolmaster

Have a look on chiltern rider website, there are lots of yards advertised with links to their websites which might give you a guide.
    RIP Guards Robert .04.83 to 11.02.09

Old nag

Expensive from what I can tell. I live in High Wycombe and have looked at the prices of yards around here - around 100-110 p/w seems to be fairly standard for part livery - ouch!
    xspiralx

Padbury Equestrian Centre is between Bicester and Aylesbury. Their number is 07515121117. I have my horse there and it is great. They do all sorts of livery options and are really helpful and friendly.

Veteran

About
    45 DIY (no hay or bedding included)
    65 DIY (hay and straw bedding included)
    105 5-day Part Livery
    120 7-day Part Livery
    160+ Full Livery

I am based in Milton Keynes and pay 100 p/w for part livery which I think is about the going rate for part livery in bucks.

DIY, however, varies dramatically. I paid 20 p/w for DIY at a yard and that included all hay and straw

Just backed

wow that is pricey thanks for the replies

Sport horse

I'm in MK too. I paid about 55pw at my old yard for part livery including haylage and straw. Current yard is DIY at 45pw, about a tenner for hay, shavings extra and you have the option to use 'services' ie bring in , T/O etc. But the facilities are amazing and hacking v good. Depends on what you want to do. My friends horse is on DIY at a small yard and she pays 65 a MONTH!