Default Fulmer Loops- Dressage Legal?

Have tried my best to work this out from british dressage rule book but can't find anything on it, can see fulmer snaffle is permitted but not if fulmer loops are.

So are they or arn't they

Thanks

Veteran

Default Re: Fulmer Loops- Dressage Legal?

i always used them with my full cheek

Veteran

Not 100% certain but I'm fairly sure they are. Fulmer snaffles are designed to be used with Fulmer loops at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by physics_student View Post
    Not 100% certain but I'm fairly sure they are. Fulmer snaffles are designed to be used with Fulmer loops at all times.
    Thats what I thought, well if bits supposed to have them why wouldn't they allow them, but unlike everything else its not actually listed!

sorry to hijack but wthat do they actually do? I have just put some on my fulmer but other than stopping the long bits getting caught in anything what is their function?

kerryflower - some people say that they give a tiny bit of poll pressure - usually along side 'like a hanging cheek' which I fail to understand as hanging cheeks don't give poll pressure. Otherwise, they just support the bit a little and minimize how much it moves, which is good for horses that like the bit to be quite still