Default Horsebox Insurance & Breakdown Cover

Hi

Just bought a 7 1/2 tonne wagon and I need to insure it and get breakdown cover. I've had a good insurance quote, 206 but breakdown cover is about 200 per year on top. Are there any topp deals on breakdown cover out there or a combined deals on breakdown/wagon insurance out there you can recommend

Old nag

Default Re: Horsebox Insurance & Breakdown Cover

Anthony D Evans Insurance, you can get a quote on line. Their quotes are competative & include breakdown & recovery.
    http://www.horseboxinsurance.co.uk/

There's a lot of us on H&H who insure horseboxes with them.

I use NFU for mine, with both insurance and breakdown. I get a further discount for having other insurance with them (their house insurance is fantastic and their horse insurance has paid out well for me too!!) Did use SEIB, but was cheaper the following year with NFU

NFU everytime. My exhaust fell off, rang them and within 5 mins of ending the call I had the recovery company on the phone to say they were on way and straight after another company asking if I needed a lorry to recover my horse if my lorry was unfixable. Within the hour I was on my way and had another call from the 'horse recovery' company asking if the lorry was fixed and to check that I didnt need picking up. A guy in our village broke down on the way from an event on the M40, no breakdown cover - 2k and 3hrs later he got home !! IMO you cant afford NOT to have it.

Veteran

Another vote for Anthony D Evans - good price, and have always been really helpful.
    2014 is going to be our year! Watch this space!!

omg, i can't tell you how much i recommend anthony evans. amazing company. amazing break down service. and SO CHEAP compared to some of the others (considering the quality of cover)

x
    '"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by iconique View Post
    I use NFU for mine, with both insurance and breakdown. I get a further discount for having other insurance with them (their house insurance is fantastic and their horse insurance has paid out well for me too!!) Did use SEIB, but was cheaper the following year with NFU
    Totally agree

Kev

Have to disagree about Anthony Evans and give thumbs up to NFU. Anthony Evans seem very competitive on older boxes but NFU wiped the floor with them for a quite new box

Veteran

Would not recommend Anthony Evans-as people above have said they DO NOT PROVIDE alternative Horse Transport so your horses would be towed up in the air in your broken down box for how many miles for you to get home!

I use www.equinerescue.co.uk

They are brilliant-dedicated Control Centre and manned by people who KNOW horses!

Schoolmaster

I use NFU who have has to come and rescue the box a few times now, one they got it fixed, second time we only got 10 mins down the road, so I hacked home and the towed the lorry. Third time was at Royal Dicks in Edinburgh. They had to recover the lorry and come with a box for me and the horse and take us all the way back to Newcastle.

They are always helpfull and the phone and prompt comming out.